Make these fondant Light Fury Cupcakes for your next party or celebration. They are simple and require just a few supplies to make! This is a sponsored post on behalf of Universal Pictures. All views expressed are that of my own.
Light Fury Fondant Cupcakes
My kids are huge fans of the How to Train Your Dragon movies. They are super excited to see the latest installment How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World in theaters this Friday, February 22nd! To celebrate, we made some fondant Light Fury faces to put on vanilla cupcakes.
Check out the trailer for How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World below!
My kids are super excited to see this third movie where Light Fury will be introduced as the love interest of Toothless. The trailer looks so super special and makes me so excited to see this film in theaters. I am always game for a love story packed with adventure!
Let’s make Light Fury Cupcakes out of vanilla fondant.
Let’s just say it was quite the experience!
I am no professional, but I did like to play with modeling clay as a child if that counts?
We decided to focus on this pretty white dragon’s face.
I modeled her face shape and sculpted out tiny ears and horns.
Then, I added fondant oval shaped eyes.
I wish I could have gotten that perfect powdery blue for her eye color but the edible food marker was kind of close to a match.
Black and blue edible food writers helped me to get the eye look.
For the cupcakes, I used store bought with whipped icing that is really bright and matched the ultra white fondant.
Overall, these fondant Light Fury Cupcakes came out pretty cute and the kids recognized the character so that is a win. It is always a moment of fear when you ask an honest set of kids what the character or item you were trying to replicate is and they are silent and say–I don’t know?
But, at least today they gave me the sense of relief and got even more excited to see this new film.
Supplies needed to make these Light Fury Cupcakes
- 1 package of Vanilla Fondant
- Food writer markers in black & blue
- Large toothpick to mold mouth, nose, and eyes
- 12 cupcakes with bright white vanilla frosting
- Start out with a tablespoon sized ball of fondant and roll it into a ball.
- Gently press it down and sculpt out horns and tiny ears.
- Smooth over to make it seamless.
- Using two tiny pieces of fondant, roll out the tiny teardrop shaped eyes.
- Adhere to fondant face using a drop of water.
- Sculpt mouth and nose with toothpick.
- Color in eyes with markers.
- Add each finished head to a cupcake & enjoy!