Easiest Candy Apple Recipe Ever!
Ever head to the fair or a carnival just to eat treats like cotton candy and maybe even candy apples? I know I look forward to heading to these seasonal favorites because I love carnival type food! For years I always would pay top dollar for delicious sweet and sticky candy apples. I felt like they were too much work to make or simply to hard for me to recreate. Little did I know that my friend of all people had the easiest candy apple recipe ever!
Kraft Caramels and 2 tablespoons of water melted over medium heat until fully mixed…Yep folks, that is all it takes to make your own candy apples. Easy peasy! The only tips I have for you are the following:
- Line a baking sheet with either greased wax or parchment paper-have it close by.
- Use cake pop sticks or popsicle sticks. Firmly insert them near the stem of your apple
- Fresh orchid picked apples work the best but store bought will do. Make sure you wash all the wax off of them before dipping!
- Use a thick walled small sauce pan to melt your candies
- Only use medium heat and constantly stir those babies!
- Have a large spoon nearby for drizzling the caramel over the tops of the apples
- Once caramels are melted turn off the heat and star coating those suckers!
- Go easy, you don’t want them to look messy! They are already sticky as it is!
- Place them stick up on your greased paper to harden for at least 5 minutes before adding candies
- Roll your apples in your coating while they are tacky, but NOT drippy wet.
Most of all have fun making your literally Easiest Candy Apple Recipe Ever! One bag of Kraft Caramels made 6 medium Macintosh apples. I love to use this variety because they are slightly tart and round. You could probably use what you prefer, but this is just me! Also, be sure to have plenty of wipes around if you give these to kids! Trust me on that one..they are messy!
Sarah @ Sarah's Bake Studio says
I’ve never made candy apples, but I am sold now. They sound easy and they look wonderful! I am totally wanting a candy apple now.Thanks for sharing on #FoodieFridays!