Easy Halloween Caramel Candy Apples
Halloween is already next month, and I am not even sure what my kids are going to be? My youngest daughter might want to be a clown, and my oldest a vampire, but nothing is set in stone yet. I do however already have the Halloween candy I will be passing out which happens to be Hot Tamales and some non-candy Halloween treats like little toys.
I have been spending a lot of time making sweet treats to share with you all that are perfect for parties. Today’s recipe is for easy Halloween Caramel Candy Apples that take like 10 minutes to make. I used a bunch of small candies, and even some nuts I hand on hand to make my farm-fresh apples into delicious Halloween sweet treats.
There is nothing that signifies the fall season more than a traditional caramel dipped apple. Of course toppings like Halloween jimmies, nuts, and colorful candies make them a bit more festive, but even with just caramel, I am in total bliss! Plus, with a little prep work, this is a super easy task that even the kids can help with.
Prepare you work area. Gather your toppings and place them in shallow pie plates or bowls.
Line a baking sheet with wax paper to place your dipped apples on.
Wash, dry, and insert your candy apple sticks. Since I use farm-fresh apples, they has no wax on them. However, most store bought varieties do so you will want to wash them in hot water and dry them well.
Over medium heat, constantly stir the candy and milk until smooth and creamy.
Place apples into the pot, and gently pour caramel over the apples using a large metal spoon
You can make 6 small apples, or 4 large ones from one bag of caramels from my experience.
Don’t they look pretty?
For more Halloween ideas, here are a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Pumpkin Overnight Steel Cut Oats by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Halloween Ghost Skillet Pizza by A Mom’s Take
- Halloween Treats – Witch Hats & Brooms by Mom Does it All
- Simple Halloween Chow in an Edible Bowl by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- DIY Halloween Wreath by Home and Garden Cafe
- JELL-O Candy Corn Cups by This Mama Loves
- Halloween Candied Popcorn by Better in Bulk
- Trick or Treat DIY Bath Salts by Pretty Opinionated
- Poison Apple Halloween Drink for Kids by Ourfamilyworld
- Halloween Fudge by Upstate Ramblings
- Dollar Store DIY: Halloween Vase by MommaDJane
- Scary Halloween Bones by Jennifer Sikora
- Haunted Castle Cake by Kid’s Fun Review
- Halloween Ghost Poop Treat Bags by My So Called Balanced Life
- Witches Brew Drink Mug by How Was Your Day?
- Distressed Sugar Skull Tee by Style on Main
- Super Easy Mock Pay Day Bar Mix by Day by Day in Our World
- Gluten Free Spooky Ghost Cake by Simply Southern Mom
- Simple DIY Halloween Treat Basket by Sweet Lil You