Are you looking for easy tailgate foods that are low-carb friendly? Check out these 3 delicious low-carb football game day snacks that are cheap & fast to make.
The summer has unofficially come to an end, and the fall is creeping around the corner. I have to admit, I am pretty excited for chilly nights, pumpkin everything and football.
Yes, we love football in this house and always cheer for our New England team. While I might not be as knowledgeable as my husband when it comes to the game, I know all things football snacks.
One of my biggest fears and thoughts this year when starting the low-carb diet was- What will I do about snacks for tailgating?
Ok, so gone are the carbs, but in are the cheeses and yummy snacks like these Sausage & Cheese Bites, Cheese-Stuffed Mushrooms, and Salami & Cheese rollups.
I guess you could say I saved game days and all things homegating & tailgating! Now, I just need them Sunday football games and I will be ready for guests (this post was made prior to the current health issue. Please celebrate responsibly)
To keep things festive, I typically always decorate my table with football napkins, little balls, pom, poms, and plenty of paper plates.
You have to keep the tailgating or homegating celebration cute!
Love these cups and the football confetti-how adorbs!
Alright, so now onto the good stuff –the low-carb Friendly Tailgate Foods! YUM!
These Salami & Cream Cheese Rollups are super simple! Mix 1 tsp of horseradish with 4 ounces of cream cheese, and mix thoroughly. Line the center of salami slices with the mixture and roll up. Easy peasy! Use a toothpick to keep the rollup, rolled!
Another easy fave is these Sausage & Cheese bites. These are so easy! Just purchase your favorite pre-cooked sausage, and bake it in the oven at 350 for 6 minutes with some cheddar cheese. They are the perfect football finger food!
The yummiest low-carb football appetizer are these Low-Carb Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms--hello deliciousness.
These are a holiday favorite and just so happen to be mega low-carb!
Get the printable recipe for these Low-Carb Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms below!
I added some cute football-themed picks to make these super fun! These are so tender, and creamy tasting! The garlic and cheeses are pure perfection together!
Low-Carb Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- large baking sheet
- tablespoon cookie scoop
- Mixing bowl
- 1 pound white mushrooms wash, pat dry, and remove stems (reserve stems)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 cloves garlic use a press for the most flavor
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ black pepper
- ¼ celery salt
- ¼ paprika
- ¼ cayenne pepper
- ½ onion powder
- ½ garlic powder
- Wash and clean your mushrooms well in cool water, gently pop out the stems, and set them aside.
- Press your 2 cloves of garlic, and chop reserved mushroom stems.
- Heat a skillet with olive oil. Sautee your garlic, and mushrooms until the juices are mainly evaporated.
- Remove your pan from heat, and let you veggies cool. Once your veggies are cool add you cream cheese directly to your pan (so you don’t have to dirty another bowl, and so you can absorb all the extra flavoring) mix well. Add your spices, and shredded Parmesan cheese. I found using a tablespoon-sized cookie scoop worked best!!
- Line your mushrooms on a non-greased baking sheet, add a little mixture to each. Bake for 20 minutes in a 350° F. heated oven. Enjoy!