Easy Thanksgiving Cake Decorating Ideas– No time to bake this season? No problem! You can easily jazz up a store-bought cake for your Thanksgiving feast! Thank you, Color It Candy for sponsoring today’s post.
Thanksgiving is already less than 2 weeks ago! Can you believe it? Time surely flies when you are having fun! I have not even fully decided on my plans yet-how about you?
One thing I do know is I am probably not going to have the time to go baking crazy this year. Normally, I already have my menu and plans solidified. But, it is ok because there are options available that make bringing or preparing a Thanksgiving dessert easy.
I am a huge fan in both the baking and semi-homemade lifestyle. There is absolutely nothing wrong with jazzing up store-bought cakes or cupcakes. In fact, you can apply these ideas to any occasion or season!
Color It Candy makes customizing cakes and cupcakes so much fun! With tons of colors, the decorating possibilities are endless.
How to Decorate a Store Bought Cake
For this project, I started out with a 7″ round, double-layer chocolate whipped cake. I ordered mine 24 hours before picking it up so you might want to do the same.
Since this is a harvest cake, I wanted to add something fun to the top. My first thought was possibly truffles, but then I saw these gourmet harvest cookies and had to have them.
I never planned for anyone to cut this cake with cookies on top and thought it would make an excellent dessert table staple. People can pick off the cookies and then enjoy some cake.
Harvest Sixlets & Gumballs Cake Decorating
I added them to little dishes to easily be able to pluck them out and adhere them to the cake. You can fill virtually any container with these beautiful candies for a stylish event!
For the cake sides, I went with simply harvest sprinkles which tied up everything together.
For the cupcakes which were also store-bought, I added harvest cupcake picks and a few Shimmer Sixlets to each.
Overall, I think these Easy Thanksgiving Cake Decorating Ideas worked out well!
Want more another fun Thanksgiving Cupcake Idea?
Dawn over at Cutefetti, and I are teaming up to bring you all some super cute and easy Thanksgiving cake & cupcake ideas–perfect for all of you last-minute planners. Her Cornucopia Cupcakes are too adorable! Be sure to check them out!
Easy Thanksgiving Cake Decorating Ideas
- Store-bought chocolate cake 7" double layer, chocolate bettercreme
- 8 Shimmer Orange gumballs
- 8 Shimmer Yellow gumballs
- 8 Red gumballs
- 1/4 cup Shimmer Orange Sixlets
- 1/4 cup Shimmer Yellow Sixlets
- 1/4 cup Red Sixlets
- 3 tbsps Thanksgiving Sprinkles
- 12 Harvest Butter Cookies
- 6 chocolate cupcakes chocolate bettercreme
- Unpackage cake from store packing.
- Line the top frosting trim with Shimmer Sixlets and Gumballs. Alternate colors and sizes.
- Top cake with cookies. These are meant to be taken off and enjoyed before slicing. They are purely decorative but are edible.
- Add sprinkles to cake sides.
- Line bottom of the cakes with Sixlets and Gumballs.
- Return to cake packaging until ready to enjoy.
- Add decorative Thanksgiving picks to each cupcake.
- Decorate with a mix of Shimmer Sixlets and/or Gumballs
- Return to packaging until ready to enjoy.
Find everything you need for your cake decorating, candy buffet, or party needs at Color It Candy! They have pretty much every major color to fit your party/event needs.