Today we are going to teach you how to make a delicious snack mix that is perfect for holiday parties. It’s called Elf Munch and it is the best kind of sweet and salty mixture around! You will be able to make this fun recipe with your kids or grandkids, so everyone can help out. This recipe makes about 12 cups, which means there will be enough for everyone at your next party! Best of all, this mix features Elf On The Shelf® delicious smooth & creamy Christmas Candy squares by R.M. Palmer. This post is sponsored by R.M. Palmer. All views expressed are that of our own.
Each year the holiday season seems to get busier and busier. There is so much going on that it can be hard to keep up with all of the plans, social traditions, and events. Even if you’re not a baker or cook, you too can make a great snack mix for family gatherings or parties using simple ingredients. This Elf Munch Snack Mix is perfect because it uses ingredients like pretzels, cereal squares, peanuts and other snacks you probably already have around the house! The best part? It’s super easy to make! You just need two handfuls of each ingredient, and chocolate morsels!
It’s Officially Scout Elf Return Week!
I don’t know about your kids, but ours look forward to our annual Elf on the Shelf® Christmas tradition. Each year, our elves Snowy & Snowflake make their annual return from Santa’s workshop to bring our children joy and cheer. We look forward to seeing where our elves fly to each morning. Sometimes they even bring gifts and treats for the kids too!
Elf on The Shelf Gift Ideas®
This year, our elves will be bringing each of our 3 kids a candy treat from R.M. Palmer. Their latest partnership with Elf on the Shelf® has produced the most adorable candy & chocolate ever!! You all have got to see these cute Christmas treats that kids (and adults) of all ages will love!
New for the 2021 season, you can now find their R.M. Palmer Elf on the Shelf® Milk Chocolate Hollow 5 ounce candy online, and at stores like Walmart. It retails for $4.99 and is worth every penny because it is delicious and simply adorable!
They also have Elf on the Shelf® Smooth and Creamy Squares in a dye cut box that is character themed. Perfect to tuck into stockings, or on the tree these contain milk chocolate flavored candy inside and retail for around $1.50 each.
Elf Munch Snack Idea
To celebrate Scout Elf Return Week, we also made a huge batch of Elf Munch chocolate snack mix. This mix contains mix-ins like chocolate candies, marshmallows, a cereal blend, peanuts, pretzels, and even some Elf on the Shelf® Smooth and Creamy Squares. For this year’s mix, we decided to make a tuxedo snack mix by splitting the cereal and pretzels in half and doing some with semi-sweet chocolate and the other half with white chocolate. This made for a very pleasurable experience for our taste buds.
I love this snack mix, because it can be adapted to what you have on hand as well. It makes a ton of mix (10 cups) and you can even store it for up to 2 weeks at room temperature in airtight containers. This Christmas snack mix makes a great gift idea to bag or box up in tins, and will make your family and friends smile!
How to Make Elf Munch
Mix your pretzels, and cereal in a large bowl and separate into two batches.
Melt each chocolate separately to combine with each batch of cereal squares.
Mix it up with a rubber spatula and work in pretzels.
Add each half of the mixture on one side of the baking sheet, add sprinkles, and then chill to harden.
Mix in all the candies, and nuts and then put the mixture into airtight containers to store it at room temperature. You can also freeze it if you want to keep it longer. I find that this mix stays fresh for up to 2 weeks when stored in airtight plastic containers on the counter.
More Holiday Snack Mixes
Love holiday cereal snack mixes? Here are a few more combos to try this year for inspiration!
Reindeer Chow – Features R.M. Palmer Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Snack Mix -perfect for the peanut butter lover!
Chex Christmas Mix – A blend of peppermint, white chocolate, and salty pretzels for a nice balance.
Peanut Butter Puppy Chow – a Themed snack mix that contains powdered sugar, peanut butter, and colorful candies.
Elf Munch Snack Mix
- large baking sheet
- (2) Microwave-safe bowls
- (2) large mixing bowls
- rubber spatulas
- mixing spoons
- 4 cups rice cereal squares
- 4 cups corn cereal squares
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 12 ounces white chocolate morsels
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate holiday candies
- 1 cup Elf on the Shelf® Smooth and Creamy Squares unwrapped
- 2 cups pretzels
- ½ cup peanuts
- 2 tablespoons Christmas sprinkles
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl add both types of cereals and pretzels; mix to combine. Separate mixture into two bowls.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the semi-sweet chocolate in 30-second intervals stirring in-between each. Spread the chocolate onto half of the cereal & pretzel mix and combine using a rubber spatula. Once all cereal/pretzels are coated, transfer to the baking sheet and spread on half of the sheet. Add Christmas sprinkles and place the sheet pan in the fridge. Repeat the process with the white chocolate and the other half of the cereal mixture.
- Once the white chocolate portion of the mix is sprinkled, place it on the baking sheet to chill. It will take about 15 minutes for the chocolate to harden.
- When both the chocolate and white chocolate coated cereal is hardened, gently break the cereal bunches apart. Mix in the marshmallows, peanuts, candies, and chocolates mix to combine and place mix in airtight container. Enjoy!
Elf On The Shelf® Scout Elf is a registered trademark.®/TM/© 2021 CCA and B, LLC d/b/a/ The Lumistella Company. All rights reserved.
Leave a Reply