Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe *Can be Made with Yacon Syrup
As you all know, I love to cook and bake as cleanly as possible, and yes this goes both ways! I can’t bear to leave a dirty dish in the sink longer than a few minutes, and I am really starting to loathe unhealthy ingredients. I have not completely cut out wheat, and sugar in my diet, but I hope to do so by the end of the year. Typically, I like to bake with coconut oil, and all natural, pure honey. I find they produce the bests tastes in baked goods without any weird aftertastes.
Since I am all about trying natural sugar alternatives I was excited to receive an 8 ounce bottle of Quality Encapsulations Pure Yacon Syrup in. This organic, and raw natural source of prebiotics is a hot commodity on the health market. It can be taken as a metabolism boosting supplement, or used as a sugar substitute. Since it is sweeter than sugar, you definitely use less of it when baking.
My gluten free chocolate chip cookies are always a huge hit in my home when I bake them. I immediately thought to substitute the honey for Yacon Syrup and mix things up. You can make my recipe below with honey or Yacon-your choice. I found the Yacon to definitely have a brown sugar/molasses taste, which complemented the cookies. My kids cannot put them down either!!
Here is what you need for our grain-free Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe *Makes 18 cookies*
- 1/2 Cup of 100% Pure Yacon Syrup or 1/4 Sukrin Gold
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- 2 1/2 cups of blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Whisk dry ingredients in a large bowl-We love our new La Creuset Whisk!
- Stir in wet ingredients
- I like to use to my hands to thoroughly combine the ingredients when it comes to working with almond flour
- On a non stick baking mat, or parchment-form small 1 inch balls of dough
- Using the back of a coconut oil coated spoon, gently pres the cookies down
- Bake for 8-12 minutes
- Cool for at least 15 minutes and serve
Interested in trying Quality Encapsulations Pure Yacon Syrup? you can buy it for $35 on Amazon with FREE shipping!
I definitely will be trying out your choco chip recipe.
Do you by any chance have a great tasting bread recipe ?
Sorry, gluten free bread without a pre-made mix is difficult and I am still trying to master the art of it :(
Mel Gilbert says
Wow, I just made these cookies. they were so good.
Thank you so much!!!
Can these be made with coconut flour?
Hi, that is a whole new recipe. Coconut flour is different than almond so I cannot say so for sure.
One whole tablespoon of vanilla really?
Yes, that is correct!