Gluten Free Coconut & White Chocolate Chip Cookies *So Good, They Should be Illegal!
Now that the holidays are nearing, be prepared to see a lot of cookie, and baked treats recipes. This month’s Blogger Food Challenge theme is cookies so I have been thinking outside the box a bit. Since my 4 year old needs to follow a medically necessary gluten free diet, I have been experimenting with 100% creative recipes. I surveyed my pantry staples, and decided that I wanted to use white chocolate and coconut in my gluten free cookies.
I Love, LoVe, LOVE using almond flour in my baked treats because it is naturally gluten free, and very tasty! It is a bit pricey, but totally worth trying out sometime! I hate making cookies that are not gluten free so I wanted to have some great tasting cookies available for my baby. It is an awful feeling to fill your home with the scents of a recipe that your own child cannot eat..so these were just for her..and me to try!
So what makes these almond flour based, gluten free coconut & white chocolate chip cookies so good? For starters, these are VERY quick, easy, and delicious to make. They should be illegal because I think I could singlehandedly eat all 20 in a couple of days..that’s pretty scary! I also think the coconut, and white chocolate chips for the perfect balance of sweetness, and taste.
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of sweetened coconut shreds
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt your coconut oil
- In a large bowl, mix all your dry ingredients thoroughly
- Add the remaining wet ingredients, and mix with a wooden spoon, or your hands..seriously, clean hands make the best tools!
- On two baking sheets, form your dough into 1 inch balls, and space them out 1 1/2 inches apart. Gently press them down with a fork, and bake them for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. This recipe will yield 20 Gluten Free Coconut & White Chocolate Chip Cookies , and they need to be cooled for 30 minutes to fully harden!