Gluten Free Glazed Lemonade Cake Recipe *Super Moist!
Having two people in my household on gluten free diets can be a challenge at times. I constantly find myself coming across great recipes that are gluten loaded, and it is my job to experiment and make them gluten free.
It is not easy at all, and is rather stressful, but I always seem to pull through and create some delicious gluten free concoctions. My latest treat was gluten free glazed lemonade cake and boy was it delish!
Lemon flavored, or scented anything is always welcomed in my home. I just love how lemons are so versatile and perfect for baking. Some of my favorite desserts are lemon meringue pie, and lemon squares.
I thought it would be awesome to make a some lemon or “lemonade” cake for my family. However, due to the nature of lemons, I knew the cake had the potential to be slightly tart. I was sure to incorporate a nice, sweet lemon glaze to offset any tartness that may have occurred.
Rather than making one large cake, I made several smaller loaves using a multi-loaf pan, which made 4 mini loaves. I have to say, this lemonade cake was such a score, and was barely recognizable as a gluten free baked good. It was just so moist and totally delectable! I used some Glutino Gluten Free Pantry All Purpose Flour and it worked amazing! The cake was moist, and had a great texture!
Here is what you will need to make my Gluten Free Glazed Lemonade Cake Recipe:
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 cups Glutino Gluten Free Pantry All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup *Fresh* lemonade
- 2 tablespoons of lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, plus 2 egg whites
- 1 cup whole milk
Lemon Glaze Recipe:
- 2 cups powered confectioners sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- Whisk well until blended, pour over cooled cake, and allow it to set for 15 minutes.
Lemonade Cake Directions:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease your cake pan of choice
- Using a stand mixer, cream your butter, sugar, vanilla, zest, and lemonade
- Slowly add in eggs, and egg whites. Be sure to beat them well.
- Sift Glutino Gluten Free Pantry All Purpose Flour, salt, and baking powder in a separate bowl
- Add flour mixture to your stand mixer
- Slowly add in your one cup of milk until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour cake batter into your lightly greased pan.
- Place in oven, and bake for 40-42 minutes, or until golden brown, and fully cooked. You may want to do the toothpick test to ensure it is completely baked.
- Allow to cool before glazing.