Gluten Free and Vegan Almond Flour Lemon Cookies #Recipe
With this month’s Blogger Recipe Challenge being cookies, I have been trying to find a balance between gluten free, and traditional cookie recipes. My four year old needs to eat a gluten free diet, but the rest of us can eat pretty much everything. I have some special recipes that I have not quite been able to make gluten free so I do bake for a variety of diets.
I love baking with almond flour because it makes cookies, muffins, and breads so tasty. Honeyville Almond Flour is my number one choice for baking. I feel as if it has the freshest flavor, and most consistent taste. The last 5lb bag I purchased has lasted me a few months, and is my favorite gluten free flour.
Cooking healthier is something that I have been taking seriously for the better half of the year. While I am certainly not following a full fledged vegan diet, I do like to bake a lot of their healthy recipes. For my gluten free and vegan almond flour lemon cookies, I knew I wanted to take this route because I am not too big on sugar, and synthetic cookies. I rather have a natural tasting, less sweet cookie as opposed to a cookie that will put me into a sugar coma.
Here is what you will need to bake Gluten Free and Vegan Almond Flour Lemon Cookies:
- 2 cups of Honeyville Almond Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 half of a grated lemon
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees *makes 16 small cookies*
- Mix your dry ingredients together, and then add in your wet ones. I use my hands to mix everything up.
- Form 1 inch balls, and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet
- After you have formed your balls, gently press them down with the back of a spoon
- These cookies do not rise, or spread so you could probably fit them all on one sheet
- Cook you cookies for 8 minutes or until golden brown. They will need a full 30 minutes to cool, and harden properly.
You will find that these cookies are not sugary sweet, and have such a fresh, lemony goodness. They really are the perfect cookie!