Grape-Nuts® Pudding with Cinnamon Whipped Cream & a Nintendo Sweepstakes
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Post Consumer Brands. All opinions are entirely my own.
Now that school is back in session, my kids have had a lot less time to play their beloved video games and use their tablets. While we try to limit electronic usage, we do set time limits for our kids to enjoy their game like Super Mario. Like myself, my kids love Super Mario games and find them so engaging, and fun!
Speaking of Super Mario, and gaming, did you know that by purchasing specially marked boxes of Grape-Nuts® Cereal, you have a chance to win a Nintendo Switch Console and Super Mario Odyssey Video Game (for a limited time)?? Nintendo Switch combines the power of a home console with the mobility of a handheld. So you get more time to play the games you love, however you like. The system comes packaged with the main unit, left and right Joy-Con with a Joy-Con wrist strap for each. Therefore, it’s a multi-player experience right out of the box for your kids and family. It is great for Super Mario Odyssey!
With Super Mario Odyssey, you can join Mario on a massive, globe-trotting 3D adventure and use his incredible new abilities to collect Moons so you can power up your airship, the Odyssey, and rescue Princess Peach from Bowser’s wedding plans!
You’ll visit astonishing new locales, like skyscraper-packed New Donk City, and run into familiar friends and foes as you try to save Princess Peach from Bowser’s clutches and foil his dastardly wedding plans.
Sounds fun huh?
Lucky participants could win 1 of 500 Nintendo Switch Console + New Super Mario Odyssey Video Game Prize Pack! To play, find your code inside your cereal box and enter at: http://postsweepstakes.com/NintendoSwitch. Promotion started already and ends 3/31/2018. Open only to legal residents of the 50 US/DC, 18 years of age or older.
Since we not only love Super Mario but also Grape-Nuts Cereal, we decided to make a New England Classic—Grape Nuts Pudding with Cinnamon Whipped Cream. Grape-Nuts Pudding is a dessert that is super easy to make and so tasty.
Did you know that since 1897, Grape-Nuts has been a morning staple people love? It’s power-packed nutrition with a satisfying crunch. It is also whole grain, non-GMO, an excellent source of fiber and a vegan product!
The custard layer, and Grape-Nuts go together so perfectly.
Top each Grape-Nuts Pudding ramekin with some fresh, from-scratch cinnamon whipped cream and things really get yummy.
Our easy recipe for Grape-Nuts Pudding is a family recipe that I was introduced to me by my mother-in-law.
I was maybe 15 when I first tried it? It is so good when eaten warm and with a healthy dose of whipped cream.
Get the printable recipe for Grape-Nuts Pudding below!
Will you be purchasing specially marked boxes of Grape-Nuts Cereal for a chance to win a Nintendo Switch?
Grape-Nuts Pudding with Cinnamon Whipped Cream & a Nintendo Sweepstakes
- 1 cup Grape Nuts Cereal soaked in warm water in the measuring cup.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter *reserve a tiny bit for buttering the ramekins
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of each: cinnamon & nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Butter 6 medium-sized ramekins with butter In a large bowl, whisk the scalded milk, eggs, sugar, extract, butter, & spices Add moistened Grape-Nuts cereal to each ramekin Pour custard mixture over each ramekin evenly (leave 1/2 inch of space at the top) Bake for 35 mins in a water bath. Allow to cool & firm up. You can also refrigerate these.
- In a large bowl, with mixer speed on high, blend the ingredients until stiff white peaks appear. Add whipped cream to a piping bag and pipe on each pudding cup.