Grape-Nuts® Pudding with Cinnamon Whipped Cream. A Classic New England dessert recipe. This custard-like treat is baked in ramekins for a delicious, warm dessert.
. Grape-Nuts Pudding is a dessert that is super easy to make and so tasty.
Did you know that since 1897, Grape-Nuts has been a morning staple people love? It’s power-packed nutrition with a satisfying crunch. It is also whole grain, and are an excellent source of fiber and a vegan product!
The custard layer, and Grape-Nuts go together so perfectly.
Top each Grape-Nuts Pudding ramekin with some fresh, from-scratch cinnamon whipped cream and things really get yummy.
Our easy recipe for Grape-Nuts Pudding is a family recipe that I was introduced to me by my mother-in-law.
I was maybe 15 when I first tried it? It is so good when eaten warm and with a healthy dose of whipped cream.
Get the printable recipe for Grape-Nuts Pudding below!
Grape-Nuts Pudding with Cinnamon Whipped Cream Dessert
- 1 cup Grape Nuts Cereal soaked in warm water in the measuring cup for 5 minutes.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter *reserve a tiny bit for buttering the ramekins
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of each: cinnamon & nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- Butter 6 medium-sized ramekins with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk the scalded milk, eggs, sugar, extract, butter, & spices.
- Add moistened Grape-Nuts cereal to each ramekin.
- Pour custard mixture over each ramekin evenly (leave 1/2 inch of space at the top)
- Bake for 35 mins in a water bath.
- Allow to cool & firm up. You can also refrigerate these.
- In a large bowl, with mixer speed on high, blend the ingredients until stiff white peaks appear (About 3-5 minutes).
- Add whipped cream to a piping bag and pipe on each pudding cup.