Grilled Pork Tacos with Fresh Pineapple Salsa
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RealFlavorRealFast #CollectiveBias
Warmer weather equals quick and easy meals that can be grilled. I don’t know about you, but I am trying to see how long I can avoid using the AC. With temps near a humid 80 today it is going to be rough! Adding extra heat to my home via my oven is the last thing I want to do when the sun is shining. That is why I opt for my grill whenever possible.
Yesterday, I pre-heated the grill to cook my favorite pork sirloin. It was such a sunny and beautiful day to be outdoors so it was such a pleasure to give my oven a rest! If you haven’t tried Smithfield® Roasted Garlic & Herb Sirloin you totally must! It is so yummy grilled and can be ready in about 20- minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 150 degrees. After letting it rest, you simply slice it up, taste a bite (maybe that is just me?) and then dice it up for your Grilled Pork Tacos with Fresh Pineapple Salsa.
That is some real flavor, real fast!
Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork is a perfect and easy meal solution for any night of the week. It is available in a variety of flavors across Tenderloins, Loin Filets and Roasts. Available in several flavors, these 100% pork products can be conveniently found at Walmart in the pork products meat section. While at Walmart, I also picked up all the ingredients I would need for my Fresh Pineapple Salsa.
We all know that the savory flavors of pork pair so well with the sweet taste of pineapple. That is why I wanted to make these delicious Grilled Pork Tacos with Fresh Pineapple Salsa just in time for the warmer weather! This meal is quick to prep and totally drool worthy! The fresh, summery flavors of the salsa complement the bold garlic flavors of the meat.
Best of all, these can be enjoy as leftovers the nest day! I simply store the leftover pork in one container, and the salsa in another. Then, I heat the extra pork, and sprinkle it over the salsa for a lower carb meal! To really kick things up a notch, mix 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt with one 1/2 tablespoon of hot sauce and mix it up to drizzle over the top. It is so stinkin good!!
Want to make these delicious Grilled Pork Tacos with Fresh Pineapple Salsa? Check out our easy recipe below for Real Flavor, Real Fast!
Grilled Pork Tacos with Fresh Pineapple Salsa
- 1 Smithfield® Roasted Garlic & Herb Loin Filet whole grilled
- 1 whole pineapple sliced in half, and scooped out (discard tough core) (about 1/2 cups of chopped pineapple
- 1 cup rainbow peppers diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes diced and de-gutted
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 large cucumber diced
- 1 whole lime juiced
- 15 taco shells of your choice toasted *optional
- Since Pineapple Salsa tastes best once the flavors have melded, I suggest making this first. After you cut your pineapple in half carefully scoop out the inside. You will be dicing up the softer flesh for your salsa. Discard the firm core meat as that is unpleasant. In a large bowl add all your diced and chopped veggies/herb. Squeeze the juice of one lime over the top, and stir well, place in the fridge for at least 30 mins. Pork- Pre-heat grill to 450 degrees Place whole Smithfield® Roasted Garlic & Herb Loin Filet Grill each side for 7 mins Close lid and let is grill for another 6mins. Internal temperature should be 150 degrees for safe cooking. Shut your grill off, remove your meat and place it on a plate to rest for about 5 mins before slicing- meat should be extra juicy Slice meat, and then dice if preferred for easier to eat tacos.
Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle says
That looks SO good! I cook with Smithfield tenderloins all the time, but I’ve never done anything this fancy with them. I can’t wait to try this.
That looks heavenly! I’m always trying to find new ways to make pork because it always seems to dry out on me. This looks like a fun way to do it and I love pineapple mixed in with it. I will definitely try it.
OMG this looks delicious! I never think of fun ways to cook pork, but this looks like it would melt in your mouth! Perfect summer recipe !
I need to look for that pork in our local stores. Our family loves pork, but we usually settle for chops or bacon because it’s so easy to prepare. This looks like pork that I could actually turn into a meal successfully because a lot of the flavor is already taken care of.
This looks absolutely delicious!!!! I need to find this pork in the store to make this!
Claudia Krusch says
These grilled pork tacos look so delicious. I would love to get the ingredients and make some this weekend. I am sure it will be a hit.
Smithfield is a great brand. I love love pineapple on everything. This is a must for all.
This looks so good. Of course you have to taste it after it is done. My husband likes to call it quality control.
David @ Spiced says
What a fun taco idea! I love grilled pork, and the thought of topping it with that pineapple salsa is making my mouth water. Thanks for sharing! #client
Frances Wyrick says
I don’t have a grill with temperature gauge. I just
have a plain charcoal grill. It does have a top.
would I cook it the same way and same amount
of time. It sounds wonderful. I have a friend
coming into town Monday the 5th of June and my
Little dog is having her eye removed on the 6th.
I know that isn’t much time, but I hope you can
help by then. Thank you so much
Hi, I sent you an email :)