Fresh strawberries, blueberries, and banana are layered in-between sweetened vanilla yogurt. Topped with an apple-shaped star, these parfaits make a Patriotic, healthy, snack for anytime of the year.
I have always been a fan of fruit parfaits, but have never actually taken the time to make them myself. I was able to get some really great prices on berries so I decided to make my family some for a healthy treat. I used plain yogurt, ripe berries, and apple which went together really well. I have to say, I am not a fan of plain yogurt, but the natural sweetness of the fruit really paired well with the rich yogurt taste.
- Plain Yogurt, Vanilla would work too!
- Ripe Blueberries
- Ripe Banana
- Ripe Strawberries
- Apple – any variety
Wash and dry your fruit, chop it into bite sized pieces.
Add your first layer of fruit, then one large spoon on yogurt. Alternate fruit, and then yogurt.
I had a total of three layers of fruit, and two layers of pudding. These parfaits were so refreshing, inexpensive, and completely healthy. Your kids will love to treats because they are so colorful. You could also top your fruit and yogurt parfaits with granola too! To make things even more fun, we used a mini star cookie cutter to cut out the apple slices.
Your family is sure to enjoy your fruit and yogurt parfait! Next time, I am going to use pineapple, and banana!
Patriotic Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits
- Cutting board
- chef's knife
- mini star cookie cutter
- ice cream glasses x 2
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt your favorite variety
- 1 cup strawberries hulled, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 large banana sliced
- 1 apple any type
- Wash, dry, and prepare all fruit. Cut out the mini star shapes from 1/2" thick apple slices.
- Layer dessert starting with a spoonful of yogurt, and alternate with each fruit and yogurt. Top with a dollop of yogurt and an apple-shaped star cutout. Enjoy chilled.