Bacon Mac & Cheese Cups are made in a muffin tin. They are a tasty lunch or dinner idea for kids. Make them with common ingredients.
How to Make Bacon Mac & Cheese Cups
To make these mini Macaroni & cheese muffin bites, you will need the following ingredients.
- 12 ounces of whole wheat elbow macaroni cooked al dente
- 1 cup of white shredded cheddar
- 1 cup of yellow shredded cheddar
- 1 cup of warm milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter + 1 melted tablespoon for buttering muffin tins
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each of of salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder
- 10 crushed butter style crackers
- 4 sliced of crushed crispy bacon
How to Make Macaroni & Cheese Cups
Cook pasta until al dente.
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Grease a 12-count standard sized muffin tin with melted butter.
In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
Once butter is melted whisk in the flour, warm milk and spices
Add one cup of cheese at a time, and whisk constantly; sauce will be thick and creamy.
Drain pasta and place it back in the pan.
Pour liquid cheese mixture into the pan, and mix thoroughly.
Crumble crispy bacon and mix it within the pasta mixture.
Using an ice cream scooper, fill each muffin tin with macaroni and cheese.
Top with crushed butter crackers, and extra bacon *if desired
Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Allow cups to cool for at least 30 minutes before gently removing them from the pan. I used a plastic knife to gently remove them. The butter really made this a breeze!