Leftover Ham & Turkey Cheesy Rice Casserole is a creamy, cheesy comfort casserole that you can make anytime of year. It is especially delicious to use leftover ham, turkey, or even rotisserie chicken with.
Soon enough, chances are we will all be in the same boat. Surrounded by lots of leftover turkey and ham– wondering what to do with it. Sure, you could just heat it up the first time and repeat the holiday meal, but that gets old quick. I know for us, I buy a 17 lb turkey so we have lots, and lots of leftovers.
That leaves me in a position to get very creative in the kitchen.
We have the obligatory turkey sliders, the turkey casserole, and the turkey salad. If you are sick of the same old leftovers, you must scroll down for my Leftover Ham & Turkey Cheesy Rice Casserole.
This recipe is cheesy, has lots of creamy cheese flavor, and did I mention is is cheesy? Can you all tell we love cheese here? In all seriousness, this casserole reminds of broccoli cheddar soup but in an even better form.
The secret is to use both Knorr® Selects White Cheddar Broccoli, and Four Cheese Risotto. These two, delicious and easy to prepare sides make this leftover turkey and ham casserole a blast!
Of course, if you do not have both turkey and ham leftovers, this recipe can easily substitute for either or. I used extra deli meats I had but plan on recreating this with the real deal after Thanksgiving.
You can find Knorr® Selects Rice Sides at your local market, but you can also use white rice.
Knorr Selects are gluten free, and don’t contain artificial flavors or preservatives which I love! The meal making possibilities are endless with these quick to prepare rice sides to be sure to try them all!
Ham & Turkey Cheesy Rice Casserole Recipe
- 1 lb. of leftover, fully cooked ham or turkey. *You can also use deli ham or turkey. I used 1/2 lb. of each chopped.
- 1 package of Knorr® Selects White Cheddar Broccoli, and Four Cheese Risotto
- 2 cans of cheddar soup
- 2 cups of whole milk (rice prep)
- 3 cups of water (rice prep)
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar
- 2 cups of broccoli florets, sautéed
- 1 small sweet onion, diced and sautéed
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
Prepare both rice packages using the water & milk (follow cooking directions, but you will be making them both in the same pan). I also subbed the olive oil for 2 tablespoons of butter. It is okay to mix the flavors, or you can use two pouches of the same flavor.
Once rice is prepped and cooked, pour into a deep dish 9″ x 13″ casserole dish. These days, I really love the Pyrex Deep Dish pan.
Add steamed broccoli and sautéed onion, and mix in.
Add cheddar soup and mix into the rice.
Add meats and mix in. to combine.
Top with shredded cheddar mixture.
Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Serve warm! This casserole is super moist thanks to the cheddar soup. It is not dry like some casserole which I love.
If you only have ham, you can use ham alone. Same with turkey or chicken—as long as your meat is already cooked, these proteins pair well with this flavor.
You can use regular white rice if your prefer. You will need 5 cups of prepared rice. This is equal to 1 1/2 cups of unboiled white rice.
Leftover Ham & Turkey Cheesy Rice Casserole
- Deep dish 9 x 13 inch casserole pan
- large skillet
- 1/2 lb. leftover turkey shredded
- 1/2 lb. leftover ham diced
- 1 pouch Knorr® Selects White Cheddar Broccoli
- 1 pouch Knorr® Selects Four Cheese Risotto
- 2 cans cheddar soup
- 2 cups whole milk (for rice preparation)
- 3 cups water (for rice preparation)
- 2 tbsps. unsalted butter (for rice preparation)
- 2 cups broccoli florets sautéed until tender
- 1 yellow onion sautéed until tender
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Prepare both rice packages using the water & milk (follow cooking directions, but you will be making them both in the same pan). I also subbed the olive oil for 2 tablespoons of butter. It is okay to mix the flavors, or you can use two pouches of the same flavor.
- Once rice is prepped and cooked, pour into a deep dish 9″ x 13″ casserole dish. These days, I really love the Pyrex Deep Dish pan.
- Add sautéed broccoli and sautéed onion; mix in.
- Add cheddar soup cans and mix into the rice.
- Add meats and mix in to combine.
- Top with shredded cheddar mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes at 350° Fahrenheit.