How to Tasty Make Oven Roasted Asparagus
You probably wouldn’t believe me if I said this, but it was only until this year that my family has been regularly enjoying asparagus. For years I simply overlooked it at the market because I thought it was overwhelming. Those little spiky tips had me thinking I needed to chop them off. To be quite frank, I wish I had purchased some much sooner because I am in love!
So far we have had grilled asparagus, steamed asparagus, and now oven roasted asparagus. In almost the time it takes you to open a can of veggies, and cook them; you can successfully make a fresh batch of oven roasted asparagus. With the right spices, this is one side dish that I cannot get enough of!
For the tastiest oven roasted asparagus, here is what you will need:
- 1 lb of asparagus
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- lemon wedge
- Preheat your oven to 425
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or nonstick spray
- Cut off the thick ends of your asparagus
- In a large bowl mix the asparagus, oil, juice of a small lemon wedge, and spices.
- Arrange them in a flat layer on the baking sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes flat
- Serve with a yummy protein.