Thank you Malt-O-Meal for sponsoring this post. Head to the Malt-O-Meal cereal Facebook page to learn more about a chance to win one of 60 $500 gifts, personalized just for you!!
These No-Bake Cereal Cookies are quick to put together for a warm weather treat. Frosted Mini Spooners® are mixed with common pantry staples like peanut butter, cocoa, and sugar to make these delicious, no-bake cookies. Each heavenly bite is loaded with chocolate, peanut butter, and crunchy shredded wheat.
When the summer heats up, the last thing I want to be doing is heating the home from baking or cooking. We do most of our meals in the summer on the grill. Once the temps rise to 80+ degrees, all cooking motivation is out the window.
Cereal for breakfast, lunch, or dinner is a thing around here, and it tastes even better when my husband serves it. At this point, I need a break from cooking and do not feel bad.
I have been going slightly nuts managing 3 children with distance learning, full time work, and some side jobs I took on. It has not been easy folks. Some days, I do not even know how I get the strength to do what needs to be done.
My husband has been working right through these difficult times, so everything has fallen on me. I not only am the cook, but also the maid, the teacher, the boss, and the employee.
Chances are you all can relate?
Now- June 25th, Malt-O-Meal is hosting a contest on Facebook just for us overworked moms! To honor all of the important and extra work moms across the country are doing right now, they are giving away $30,000 worth of personalized gifts.
Moms could have the chance to win one of two $500 gifts each day for 30 days, plus Malt-O-Meal cereal for each winner’s pantry!
Isn’t that just the sweetest? Thank you, Malt-O-Meal for recognizing how hard us moms have worked the past few months! I didn’t know it was possible to really appreciate your brand as much as I do now!
Malt-O-Meal cereals like Frosted Mini Spooners® and Fruity Dyno-Bites® really do bring value to our home. They can be found nationwide at stores like Target or Shaw’s. I love how they are inexpensive, and just as good (if not better) than the competition. Plus, with over 30 varieties, there is a flavor for even the pickiest kid!
Pair your favorite flavor with some milk and fruit for a filling meal. Us moms cannot do it all by ourselves and that is okay. It is okay if the house is messy too, or your nails are chipped. It is okay if your greys have overtaken your hairline, or you live in yoga pants. I am pretty much there right now myself!
Us moms need a break and forgiveness because life is certainly not perfect right now. For me, I find peace in baking, but the super humid temps have me opting for no-bake treats like these No-Bake Cereal Cookies. They are fast to make, and take about an hour to harden up.
They are made with Frosted Mini Spooners® and common pantry staples. I wanted a cookie that was easy for all my mom readers to make and I think this recipe is it! So, if you have time, and want to de-stress, try making a batch of these cookies today!
No-Bake Cereal Cookies
- 4 1/2 cup Frosted Mini Spooners®
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 stick butter unsalted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels optional
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips optional
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium-low heat, add sugar, and cocoa powder with milk and stir until combines.
- Add butter and corn syrup to the saucepan and stir until combined.
- Mix in peanut butter, and extract and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Crush cereal until pieces are broken up into smaller chunks.
- Mix chocolate mixture into the cereal and combine.
- Form cookies using a large spoon. I made mine larger size. They will not be a perfect circle and will look like my images- that is okay.
- Add chips to the tops of the cookies, and gently press in.
- Chill cookies in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes, but longer is better.
- Once cookies are hardened, remove them from the pan and store them in an air-tight container until you are ready to enjoy them.