Patriotic Strawberries: A Perfect no-bake Cookout Treat for Memorial Day or July Fourth!
The warmer Summer months are all about grilling, parties, and cookouts. I know I dont like to go to a cookout party empty handed so there are a few signature sweet treats that I usually bring along. Patriotic strawberries are one of my go to sweets because they are easy, and quick to make. Guests and part goers love them, and they scream festive.
Patriotic Strawberries Ingredients:
- Milk or white chocolate morsels
- Patriotic Sprinkles and Glitter (my favorites).
- Ripe, large strawberries
- Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Microwave-safe glass bowl, 2 extra bowls, and 2 spoons for sprinkles and glitter
How to Make Patriotic Strawberries
I have a few tips for the perfect chocolate dipped patriotic strawberries that can save you some time in the kitchen.
1. Make sure you choose large, ripe berries that have a good stem. The fresher the green hull is, the better
2. Rinse berries thoroughly, but towel pat them dry. Any extra moisture will ruin the chocolates’ consistency
3. Microwave your chocolate and stir every 30 seconds to prevent it from burning. You can also use a double boiler.
4. Let berries drip excess chocolate back into the bowl before sprinkling
5. Rather than immersing the berries into sprinkles, use a spoon to cover them in jimmies/sprinkles. This will keep the sprinkles clean, and you should be able to bottle up any excess.
By following these simple; yet effective tips, you can make a dozen or more of these Patriotic Strawberries for your next cookout, party, or red, white, and blue celebration.
shelly peterson says
I have never made these before but they look super easy and yummy! The kids would love them.