Patriotic Strawberries: A Perfect Cookout Treat for Memorial Day or July Fourth!
The warmer Summer months are all about grilling, parties, and cookouts. I know I dont like to go to a cookout party empty handed so there are a few signature sweet treats that I usually bring along. Patriotic strawberries are one of my go to sweets because they are easy, and quick to make. Guests and part goers love them, and they scream festive.
To make red, white and blue festive strawberries you will need some very basic ingredients.
- Milk or white chocolate morsels
- Wilton Baking Sprinkles, and Glitter (my favorites). I used these, and some I had left over form last season.
- Ripe, large strawberries
- Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Microwaveable bowl, 2 extra bowls, and 2 spoons for sprinkles and glitter
1. Make sure you choose large, ripe berries that have a good stem. The fresher the green hull is, the better
2. Rinse berries thoroughly, but towel pat them dry. Any extra moisture will ruin the chocolates’ consistency
3. Microwave your chocolate and stir every 45 seconds to prevent it from burning. You can also use a double boiler.
4. Let berries drip excess chocolate back into he bowl before sprinkling
5. Rather than immersing the berries into sprinkles, use a spoon to cover them in jimmies/sprinkles. This will keep the sprinkles clean, and you should be able to bottle up any excess.
For a fun baking and decorating experience, head over to Wilton to check out all their Patriotic decorating supplies, fondant, and pans! I love Wilton supplies, and will be bringing you more fun sweet treats complements of this awesome company.