Delicious Weeknight Meal: Spinach & Chicken Sausage
A delicious pasta recipe that features Penne with Spinach & Chicken Sausage in a light red sauce. This post is sponsored by al fresco Chicken Sausage. All views expressed are that of our own.
Quick meals are where it is at these days. No one has time to to spend hours in the kitchen and that reigns true here as well. I might be a food blogger, but I believe in short cuts, and easy to prepare meals.
You will not find overly complicated recipes with millions of steps here. That is why I am super eager to share this Penne With Spinach & Chicken Sausage recipe with you all.
Made with al fresco Garlic Chicken Sausage, and simple pantry ingredients, this meal is quick, but has a gourmet flair.
Ditching time consuming recipes doesn’t have to mean sacrificing flavor. We are all about the flavor in this house, and specifically the garlic. Garlic is one of them foods that can easily amp up any dish.
Plus, it contains mega health benefits, is cheap, and is easy to cook with. I was super excited to receive some al fresco Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage in Garlic because of my love for all things garlic.
al fresco Chicken Sausage comes in a variety of yummy flavors. They have Buffalo, Spinach & Feta, Roasted Pepper & Asiago, Smoked Andouille, Spicy Jalapeno, Sundried Tomato, Sweet & Smoky BBQ, Sweet Apple, and Sweet Italian Style.
al fresco also make fully-cooked meatballs, breakfast sausage, and more! Head over to their site to find their wide variety of products available nationally.
We all know that the spring means more grilling.
However, there are plenty of rainy days where you can’t get outside to cook. This pasta recipe is ideal for them days where you want something tasty without running the oven. Since al fresco Chicken
Sausage products are fully cooked they take minutes to prepare. I think this whole recipe took about 15 minutes?
Easy and quick!
Two pans later and a few simple steps and you have a gourmet-tasting Penne With Spinach & Chicken Sausage meal.
Even the kids managed to gobble up this sausage pasta dish! You know dinner is good when even the kids enjoy it!
Get the Printable Penne with Spinach & Chicken Sausage below!
Penne With Spinach & Chicken Sausage
- 1 package Al Fresco Chicken Sausage sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 whole cloves of garlic minced
- 2 Diced Roma Tomatoes
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 1 box of whole wheat penne boiled until al dente
- 1 jar of your favorite red pasta sauce
- 2 cups washed baby spinach
- Boil pasta until al dente In a large skillet, sautee garlic, onion, and tomato Add in chicken sausage and cook until slightly browned. Add in spinach and cook for about 1 minute Add in drained pasta, and then full jar of sauce Mix and serve warm. *You can also top with cheese and an option*