Cheesy Skillet Lasagna Your Family Will Love
This easy skillet lasagna has all the flavors of a traditional lasagna cooked on the stovetop in a cast iron skillet.
My kids are big on pasta based dishes and foods that contain cheese, or ground beef. Since I do love to cook, I do not mind making dinner for my family, but some of their favorite home-cooked meals like lasagna could get a bit time consuming.
Typically, lasagna requires the use of several pans, bowls, and spoons to prep which is not so fun afterwards. I like to wash my pans by hand, but don’t always have the time to do so during busy weeknights.
If you love comfort foods, you too will enjoy this Quick & Easy Skillet Lasagna Pasta with Ground Beef because it is truly a 30 minute meal! I love meals that are super fast to prep because I do not always feel like being tied up in the kitchen. While I do love to cook, my busy schedule sometimes gets the best of me so fast meals are awesome!
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 box of Barilla Pronto Elbows
- 1 jar of Barilla Marinara or your favorite type
- 1 cup of cottage cheese
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese
- 2 cups of Italian Style Shredded cheese
- Fresh Parsley
- salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper to taste
Pan fry your meat and onion until meat is fully cooked, drain grease
- 1/2 cup sweet onion chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder to taste
- 8 ounces elbows *we used Barilla Pronto Pasta
- 16 ounces marinara sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups Italian style shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp parsley
- In your large cast iron pan (or another skillet) pan-fry your meat and onion until meat is fully cooked, drain grease and set meat aside in another bowl.
- Once you drain grease from the skillet, add three cups of cold water, and 1 box of Barilla Pronto, boil for 10 minutes flat. (I like to stir mine a bit so that the pasta does not stick to the bottom of the pan).
- Once the pasta is done, add in meat and onion mixture, cottage, ricotta, sauce and 1 cup of Italian style shredded cheese.
- Mix and top with remaining cheese .
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degree f.
- Top with fresh parsley.