This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #JohnsonsKidsHair #JohnsonsKids #CollectiveBias
Looking for an easy shower routine for your young child? Today we are sharing tips to help make showers less stressful for able-bodied children. We are also sharing kid’s hair care we love.
Being a mom to 3 kids under 12 can have its challenges and rewards. Simple things like graduating from baths to showers can be a little stressful at first.
We recently transitioned our son from tub time to independent showers and I learned quite a few things along the way that I would love to share. Let’s just say it has been quite an interested journey to say the least!
Between him now washing his own hair with JOHNSON’S® Clean & Fresh Kids’ Hair Gift Pack, and scrubbing his own body, I have had to let go of my mom control and realize my son is getting older–even if he is just a newly turned 7.
Interested in trying out JOHNSON’S® hair care products for kids? Hover over the below photo to click through to Walmart.com for purchasing.
Mom Approved Tips for an Easy Kids Shower Routine
- Do introduce your child to the shower, and the way the knobs and nozzles work. Help them to feel safe and guided through the process
- Don’t allow your child to enter the shower without any knowledge of the hot and cold water features. You may need to start the water for your child in the beginning until they get the hang of it.
- Consider assisting your child for their first few showers. A handheld sprayer works wonders for young children.
- Do teach your child how the shower curtain works, and how it protects the floors and walls from water/damage.
- Do provide a slip resistant bath mat for your child to use when entering and exiting the shower.
- Do teach your child how to wash and safely rinse the soap from their bodies.
- Do teach your child to use a modest amount of shampoo and hair care products. We started using JOHNSON’S® Clean & Fresh Kids’ Hair Gift Pack and it is working wonders for my son’s hair.
- Don’t leave razors or any adult bath products in the shower. The razors are a danger, and the products will probably be emptied if your kids are anything like mine.
- Do stay either outside the bathroom or within listening distance.
- The use of a timer can help keep children’s’ showers within a modest amount of time encouraging eco-friendly habits.
- Do leave a towel and robe outside the bath for your child to use as they dry/exit the shower
Some of these Children’s Shower Care Routine Tips are no-brainers, but there is always something that could hinder the process so always use care and caution when introducing your child to the shower. For us, 7 years old was a good age to transition our son.
Kids Hair Care Products
Our children grew up with the JOHNSON’S® brand so transitioning our kids from one line to another has been easy. The JOHNSON’S® Clean & Fresh Kids’ Hair Gift Pack (available exclusively at Walmart) was the perfect pack to not only pick up for my son, but for others. We also purchased a JOHNSON’S® Shiny & Soft Kids’ Hair Gift Pack to gift a child in need.
JOHNSON’S® Clean & Fresh Kids’ Hair Gift Pack
Includes 1 -Clean & Fresh Kids’ Shampoo & Body Wash, 13.6 fl .oz
Includes 1 – Clean & Fresh Tear-Free Kids’ Conditioning Spray, 10 fl. Oz
Free Bonus ball-tipped bristle brush designed to gently untangle children’s hair
Contains no parabens, phthalates, sulfates or dyes.
Specially formulated to be gentler on toddlers’ & kids’ developing hair than adult hair products.
Our son has naturally bouncy, short hair so we did notice a great shine to his hair, and ease of brushing it! Our last shampoo frustrated even him (never mind his sisters) at brushing and styling time. I think the Clean & Fresh Tear-Free Kids’ Conditioning Spray would be especially helpful for kids with naturally snarly or longer hair.
These gift sets are perfect for giving trees, shelter gifts, gifts from Santa or just because they are a great value!
Want to pick up a gift set? This is item is not located in the hair care aisle or the baby aisle. You can find it in the baby needs section of the personal care aisle, an end cap, or center aisle display. The price is just $9.98–what a great deal! Learn more about JOHNSON’S® Kids Hair Care here!