Shrimp Chimichanga Cups contain all the tasty filling of a chimichanga in a bite-sized baked wonton. This post is sponsored by ConAgra.
Are you looking for a tasty game day recipe to impress your guests with? Perhaps, you are looking for some Mexican-inspired appetizers that are fairly easy to whip up? If that is the case, then these Shrimp Chimichanga Cups are exactly what you need.
What are Shrimp Chimichangas?
Shrimp Chimichangas are deep fried flour tortillas that are wrapped and filled with ingredients like onion, shrimp, pepper, beans and cheese sauce. Ingredients are versatile and can vary. They are typically served with refried beans, sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.
For this recipe, I wanted to lighten them up a bit and put a fun twist on the concept. I baked double layered wonton cups with no additional oil. By baking the wrappers in a muffin tin for 9 minutes at 350 I was able to get a golden brown toasted cup.
Best canned tomatoes & refried beans:
To make the best Chimichanga cups, products like RO*TEL & Rosarita Beans from Walmart are key! RO*TEL vipe ripened tomato & green chilies help to add bold flavor to these cups (only 25 calories per serving).
For over 70 years Rosarita has continued to make delicious products like their refried beans. They reheat easily on the stovetop and contain just 120 calories per serving. You can find both Rosarita & RO*TEL products at Walmart.
What You need to make Shrimp Chimichanga Cups
- Jalapeno peppers
- Sour cream
- Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Rosarita Refried Beans
- Wonton Wrappers
- Cherry tomatoes
- White diced onion
Get the printable recipe below!
Shrimp Chimichanga Cups
- 12 jumbo shrimp
- 1 tsp fajita seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1/3 cup Rosarita Refried Beans
- 1/3 cup nacho cheese sauce
- 2 tbsps white onion diced finely
- 1/3 cup RO*TEL
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 2 oz jalapeno rings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- Line a 12 count muffins tin with double layered wonton wrappers
- Bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Cups with be lightly golden brown. Set aside.
- Peel shrimp and leave on tails. Toss in fajita seasoning.
- Add olive oil to a small skillet. Pan fry shrimp for about 2-3 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Heat Rosarita beans and add an even amount to each cup.
- Add an even amount of nacho cheese sauce to each cup.
- Add an even amount of guacamole to each cup.
- Add 1 halved cherry tomato to each cup.
- Add one shrimp to each wonton cup.
- Top each cup with cilantro, sour cream, and 1 jalapeno ring.
Like what you see? Vote for my recipe at loveeverylastbite.com/game-day where you can enter to win prizes! Prize pack includes:
- $100 Walmart eGift Card
- RO*TEL (2 cans)
- Rosarita (2 cans)
- Mini Muffin Pan
- Table Runner
- Serving Platter
- Condiment Set
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. The Win The Crowd on Basketball Game Day Sweepstakes is sponsored by Conagra Brands, Inc. Open to legal U.S. residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 18 & older. Begins 12:00 a.m. PT on 3/4/19 & ends 11:59 p.m. PT on 4/8/19. Nineteen potential winners will be randomly selected to each receive a $100 Walmart eGift card and prize pack. Prize pack ARV: $210. Total ARV: $4,400. Odds depend on number of entries. For full details see official rules here.
Plus, you can find additional game day snacks using RO*TEL & Rosarita beans found at Walmart.