This Spicy Mango chicken is a great dish to make for dinner when you want something that will be ready in about an hour. It’s made with ingredients you probably have on hand, and it’s packed with flavor! If your mangoes are ripe, they’ll soften up just enough and the sweetness of the fruit balances out the heat perfectly. And if you’re not into spicy food (although why would you read this blog post if that were true?), then just leave out all or some of the sriracha.
The beauty of this tropical baked chicken recipe is that you can use fresh or frozen mangoes to make the sauce which coats the chicken drumsticks.
Want to recreate this Spicy Mango Sriracha Chicken? Here is what you will need:
Recipe Type: Dinner
Author: Amy Desrosiers
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 70 mins
Total time: 1 hour 15 mins
Serves: 4 servings
Kick it up a notch with this slightly sweet and spicy mango sauce that complements chicken in any form.
- 2 lbs of chicken- can be wings, drumsticks, breast, etc
- 1 cup of Nature’s Touch Organic Mangoes
- 1/4 cup of sriracha *or more/less for taste
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1/2 tsp of ginger
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Prepare a baking sheet with your chicken
- Brush chicken with melted butter, and sprinkle with salt & pepper
- Bake for 60 mins or until skin is crispy and chicken is fully cooked *will vary depending on cut/type used
- In a blender, blend the remaining spice, sriracha, orange juice, and mangoes until pureed. The mixture will be thicker.
- Place blended spicy mango sauce into a stock pot and heat until just before a boil.
- Coat chicken with warm sauce and bake for a extra 5-10 mins
- Set aside extra sauce for dipping, sprinkle chicken with scallions.
This spicy mango sauce has both a sweet and spicy element, which I love. You can either add more sriracha to your recipe or tone it down if you do not want the heat. I know my kids are not huge spice fans so I actually made them an extremely mild batch.