Flavorful melt in your mouth steak with perfectly season sweet onion, and cheddar melt in your mouth thanks to the secret ingredient in these Steak, Onion, & Cheese Baked Wonton Cups.
The game day season is in full swing. Sundays are laid back, lounge days where we actually enjoy the comfort of our couches and graze on delicious appetizers and quick meals. I have began to appreciate game days much more now that I am an adult because it is a chance to actually unwind, and enjoy good food, and company.
Around here, no game day is complete without yummy foods that we save Sundays. We try to eat more balanced during the week so we can indulge a little on game days and it seems to be working out.
This past Sunday, I made the tastiest appetizer/lunch ever. Steak, Onion, & Cheese Baked Wonton Cups anyone? These wonton cups are probably the tastiest version of a wonton-based appetizer I have ever made.
They were quite easy and produced the perfect wonton crunch, and tongue-tantalizing flavors all while being finished off in the oven.
If you are a steak and cheese fan, you will LOVE these baked wonton cups so much! They are extra flavorful and juicy (no one likes dry steak) thanks to the finishing touch of Heluva Good!® French Onion Dip. Right after I finished frying the meat and onions, I stirred in half a cup and the steak took on even more flavor.
These Steak, Onion, & Cheese Baked Wonton Cups are a party in your mouth and perfect for game day!
Actually, any flavor of Heluva Good Dip!® is ideal for game day! We enjoyed the Bodacious Onion, French Onion Dip, and the TABASCO® Brand Heluva Good!® Dips.
These dips pair well with chips, veggies, crackers or used as recipe ingredients like this case.
The almost bite-sized steak and cheese appetizers were so good my kids even enjoyed them.
I totally need to make these again for the next game day or maybe even parties.
They are sure to be a hit with your family as well!
Get the printable recipe for these Steak, Onion, & Cheese Baked Wonton Cups below!
What are your favorite game day appetizers?
Steak, Onion, and Cheese Baked Wonton Cups.
- 48 wontons wrappers
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh shaved steak
- pepper, garlic powder to taste steak
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium sweet onion cut into thin rings
- 1/2 cup Heluva Good! French Onion Dip
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Add two wonton wrappers each to ungreased muffins tins, and bake at 350 for 5 mins. In a medium-sized frying pan add your olive oil, onion, and spices for 2 mins over medium heat. Add in your shaved steak and cook for another 5 or so minutes until steak is light brown and no longer pink. If your steak is fatty, drain extra grease. Add Heluva Good! French Onion Dip to the pan and stir well. Fill wonton cups with steak, and onion. Top each with a little cheese. Return to over at 350 for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chives and enjoy warm. To reheat, pop them in the toaster oven for 2 minutes.