To Die for Strawberries & Cream Lemon Cake
An extra moist, and delicious semi-homemade Strawberries & Cream Lemon Cake paired with fresh strawberries is quick, and a delicious!
One of my favorite baked goods scents is that of this Strawberries & Cream Lemon Cake that I am featuring here today.
Why I love this Lemon Cake with Whipped Frosting & Strawberries
What I love most about this extra moist Strawberries & Cream Lemon Cake is that it is easy to make. While it may look like a super fancy dessert, it is actually a semi-homemade cake. I always love to jazz up boxed cake mixes as you can see with another favorite–my Pistachio Cherry Cake.
How to Make Your Boxed Cake Mix Moist
For this recipe, I added an extra box of lemon pudding mix to the batter, and substituted regular water for fizzy seltzer water. I love using carbonated water in my cake mixes because it makes them so moist!
After the bundt cake bakes up perfectly, simply allow it to cool before frosting it with whipped topping. the Lemon Chiffon Cake I made with whipped topping and fresh lemons is such a hit so I wanted to create one that was slightly similar, but with strawberries.
Soon enough, we should have a plentiful strawberry crop in Massachusetts so I am starting to test out recipes for when that happens.
To frost a cake with whipped topping, I spatula works best. You want to be gentle and make sure the topping is defrosted to get the best results.
The sliced strawberries on this cake adhered perfectly to the topping. Together, the flavors really melded into a Lemonade Cake of sorts. I cannot wait to recreate this for the summer!
Will you be trying this Strawberries & Cream Lemon Cake?
How to Make the BEST Strawberries & Cream Lemon Cake
- 1 box lemon cake mix *You will follow the box instructions for oil, and eggs! As for water, sub in seltzer water for what the box calls for when it comes to water.
- 1 package lemon pudding
- 1 tub whipped topping
- 1 cup strawberries washed, trimmed, and sliced thin the long way to cover the cake
- seltzer water *to sub for the water the boxed recipe calls for
- Preheat oven to 350 .
- Spray a bundt cake pan with non-stick spray.
- Prepare lemon cake mix according to box instructions with TWO exceptions. #1- you will add a package of lemon pudding mix in. #2 you will use seltzer water instead of regular water for the box cake mix.
- Once your cake mix is prepared, pour into the bundt pan.
- Place it in the center rack in the oven and bake for 33-37 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake is taken out clean.
- Allow the cake to completely cool before frosting with whipped topping.
- To frost, use a rubber spatula and coat the cake.
- Add sliced strawberries to the cake to form a design.
- Keep cake in a cool place until serving.