Wow your friends and family this holiday season with a cake they’ll never forget! A deliciously moist Cherry and Pistachio Cake is the perfect Christmas dessert (or breakfast)! Pistachio pudding mix and maraschino cherries make this the moistest bundt cake ever!
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend.
One of my favorite parts of the Christmas season is the fact that I get to make my mother’s famous Pistachio Cake. I have been making this cake since I was 9 years old. Back then, my job was to chop up the maraschino cherries, and add the nuts to the batter. As I grew older I got more responsibilities, and now I am the designated baker of this special cake.
How To Make Cherry and Pistachio Cake
Now onto the delicious recipe for the very moist and delectable Pistachio Cherry Cake.
- 1 box of white or yellow cake mix (your choice)
- **You will use the SAME oil, and eggs the boxed mix calls for, BUT instead of 1 cup of regular water, you will use 1 cup of seltzer water!
- 1 box of pistachio pudding mix
- 4 ounces of chopped maraschino cherries for inside the cake mix, reserve enough for each cupcake top, or cake top
- *optional 1/3 cup chopped pistachios, walnuts or pecans–they all work well
Pre-heat oven according the box’s instructions for the white Cake mix used.
Chop cherries, and the optional nuts
In a large bowl combine all the ingredients
Fill your bundt pan with the mixture
Bake according to the box’s instructions; allow to fully cool for one hour before removing from your pan.
This cake came out like pure perfection thanks to the high quality Nordic Ware Bundt Pan I used. No joke… this bundt pan has been my “go to” for the past few years. Cake lifts out of it perfectly every time.
Pistachio and Cherry Cake Recipe
Pistachio and Cherry Cake
- 1 box white cake mix yellow cake mix is okay too but will change the cake's coloring*
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup seltzer water
- 1 box pistachio pudding mix instant variety
- 4 ounces maraschino cherries chopped
- 1/3 cup pistachios chopped
- 1/4 tsp. green food dye *optional
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit for metal and glass pans; 325 Fahrenheit for dark or coated pans.
- Drain, and rough chop cherries and pistachios.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter into the bundt pan. If you are using another pan, see above for cook times.
- Bake for 33-35 minutes (or until a toothpick stuck into the center comes out clean).