Wow your friends and family this holiday season with a cake they’ll never forget! A deliciously moist Pistachio Cherry Cake is the perfect Christmas dessert (or breakfast)! Pistachio pudding mix and maraschino cherries make this the moistest Bundt cake ever! This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend.
One of my favorite parts of the Christmas season is the fact that I get to make my mother’s famous Pistachio Cake. I have been making this cake since I was 9 years old. Back then, my job was to chop up the maraschino cherries, and add the nuts to the batter. As I grew older I got more responsibilities, and now I am the designated baker of this special cake.
We love this cake and typically bake 2-3 per season because it makes an excellent holiday time breakfast and dessert. It is amazing how delicious the pistachio flavor pairs perfectly with the cherry flavor–such a match made in foodie heaven!
How To Make this Pistachio Cherry Cake
Now onto the delicious recipe for the very moist and delectable Pistachio Cherry Cake.
- 1 box of white or yellow cake mix (your choice)
- **You will use the SAME oil, and eggs the boxed mix calls for, BUT instead of 1 cup of regular water, you will use 1 cup of seltzer water!
- 1 box of pistachio pudding mix
- 4 ounces of chopped maraschino cherries for inside the cake mix, reserve enough for each cupcake top, or cake top
- *optional 1/3 cup chopped pistachios, walnuts or pecans–they all work well
Pre-heat oven according the box’s instructions for the white Cake mix used.
Chop cherries, and the optional nuts.
In a large bowl combine all the ingredients
Fill your bundt pan with the mixture.
Bake according to the box’s instructions; allow to fully cool for one hour before removing from your pan.
This cake came out like pure perfection thanks to the high quality Nordic Ware Bundt Pan I used. No joke… this Bundt pan has been my “go to” for the past few years. Cake lifts out of it perfectly every time. You do need to grease it though.
Allow the cake to cool completely for at least one hour before flipping it out of the Bundt pan and onto a cake platter, or stand.
This cake lasts up to 5 days when stored in an airtight cake container or covered with plastic wrap. Additionally, you can slice it and freeze for up to 3 months. Simply thaw at room temperature before enjoying.
Other Amazing Pistachio Recipes
Pistachio and Cherry Cake
- Bundt Pan
- Hand mixer
- large mixing bowl
- Cutting board
- 1 box white cake mix yellow cake mix is okay too but will change the cake's coloring*
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup club soda *can also use seltzer water
- 1 box pistachio pudding mix instant type
- 4 ounces maraschino cherries drained, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios *optional
- Preheat oven to 350° for metal and glass pans; 325° Fahrenheit for dark or coated pans.
- Drain, and rough chop cherries and pistachios.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well using a whisk or hand mixer. You want to mix until there are no longer any batter clumps.
- Pour batter into a greased, metal Bundt pan. If you are using another pan, see above for cook times.
- Bake for 33-35 minutes (or until a toothpick stuck into the center comes out clean).