Sweet Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are a melt in your mouth, savory stuffed mushroom recipe that features cheese, sweet Italian ground sausage, and the perfect blend of spices.
This time of the year gets me smiling from ear to ear, and a lot more giddy! Can you tell that I love the holiday season so much? Seriously you all, I love the music, the festivities, and the food. Spending time in my new kitchen cooking up party pleasers like these Sweet Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms is my jive.
I just love to cook so much and totally enjoy all aspects of it. Give me some fresh produce, cheese (because it makes everything better) and meats from brands like Hatfield and I am good to go! My family knows where to find me on the weekends, and pretty much whenever I have free time–my kitchen!
My family might be a little extra spoiled during the holiday season because I get to work with and feature so many amazing brands like Hatfield. When I got a shipment in of their Recipe Essentials Sweet Italian Ground Sausage so many awesome recipes came to mind.
From sausage stuffing for the turkey to stuffed pepper appetizers-the possibilities with ground sausage are endless! For this post, I decided I wanted to share an appetizer recipe that is so ideal for this busy time of year.
Sweet Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms anyone?
If you love bite-sized, perfectly seasoned, stuffed mushrooms–with an extra kick of flavor, this easy to replicate recipe is for you! You totally do not need to be a chef or cooking whiz to bake up a batch of these perfectly delicious sausage stuffed mushrooms.
So, if these mouth-watering holiday appetizers have you drooling from your seat, scroll down for my printable Sweet Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms recipe.
This recipe is not one you will find on any other site because I literally experimented with flavors as I went. I took my go-to cheese stuffed mushrooms recipe and kicked it up a notch.
The flavors of the fresh Hatfield Recipe Essentials Sweet Italian Ground Sausage paired perfectly with Italian bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, a blend of regular, and herbed cream cheese, garlic, and some key spices.
These definitely have a spicy kick, but the Recipe Essentials Sweet Italian Ground Sausage, and tender, earthy mushrooms helps to balance the flavors out.
Hatfield is one of Pennsylvania’s heritage family-owned, American-made brands. Their foods are all about keeping things delicious, simple and stress-free in the kitchen.
They promote the importance of having time to spend with your family. Mealtime is family time – no matter where the meal takes place. That is why I really love not only their highest quality meats, but their mission.
These Sweet Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms would not be as tasty without the Hatfield Recipe Essentials Sweet Italian Ground Sausage.
Sweet Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 package Sweet Italian Ground Sausage
- 24 medium sized brown mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp pepper, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder
- 10 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Wash, and pat dry mushrooms.
- Remove stems, and then chop them up.
- Add chopped mushrooms, and garlic to a frying pan with the extra virgin olive oil, and saute for 3 mins.
- Add Hatfield Recipe Essentials Sweet Italian Ground Sausage to the pan, and fry with the mushrooms and garlic until the sausage and browned and fully cooked.
- Add the cream cheese to the pan directly and remove from heat.
- Stir together until combined. Add in the bread crumbs and shredded Parmesan.
- Stuff mushrooms with mixture, and bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes.
- There might be excess liquid in pan so place mushrooms on a paper towel to soak up excess moisture.