Tarragon Crab Salad Stuffed Avocados are a fresh and delicious lunch or dinner idea for anyone looking for a flavor-packed, lighter dinner. This is a perfect low-carb lunch or dinner idea for anyone who loves seafood.
Are you looking to eat more wholesome and sustainable foods in the New Year? I know my husband and I sure are. We have been extremely cautious and careful when it comes to reading food labels, and finding out where our meats and seafood products have originated from.
After watching some pretty shocking videos on farmed seafood, we are making our best efforts to eat wild-caught Alaska Seafood.
Did you know that Alaska Seafood is wild-caught and never farmed? Varieties like Alaska crab and whitefish varieties, such as halibut, sablefish, sole, pollock and cod, are a delicious and healthy protein choice for your next meal.
Alaska’s cold pristine waters are home to some of the world’s highest quality seafood, including nearly 60% of the wild seafood and more than 90% of the wild halibut and salmon harvested in the U.S. Available year round both fresh, and frozen your local grocery store is sure to carry one or all of the available varieties.
My husband and I love Alaska Seafood salmon because the color, flavor, and texture is superior to any farm-raised types we have tried. We also enjoy Alaska Seafood crab, but sometimes our local market does not have it stocked. In cases like these, we turn to imitation crab meat with the coveted Alaska Seafood logo.
I love this variety because it is fresh, authentic, and I know I am getting in a sustainable protein that can be eaten right away or in recipes like this Tarragon Crab Salad Stuffed Avocados.
I love these Tarragon Crab Salad Stuffed Avocados because they can be prepared quickly for healthy, and nutritious meals and snacking. I like to typically make a large batch of tarragon mayo (my fav) because it goes so well with Alaska Seafood. The fresh components also satisfy many of the diets people are now on for the New Year.
Tarragon Crab Salad Stuffed Avocados
- 1 cup Crab Meat Alaska Seafood variety, wild-caught, sustainable
- 1 whole avocado halved and seed removed
- 1 small plum tomato diced
- 1 tablespoon red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper diced
Tarragon Mayo *Makes 1 cup worth
- 1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice about half of a lemon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup mayo
- Prepare you tarragon mayo ahead of time and store it in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Add all of the veggies and crab meat to a medium-sized bowl.
- Mix in 1/4 cup of your tarragon mayo.
- Carefully slice your avocado(s) down the center, and remove the stone-discard.
- Stuff each avocado with crab.