This post is sponsored by Thomas English Muffins. Toasted Tomato & Basil English Muffins are baked to perfection with a nicely seasoned stack of tomato and fresh basil. Topped with Mozzarella cheese, these English muffins are a delicious snack or lunch idea.
Now that we are officially in May, we are almost at the unofficial start of Summer. We already planted our tomato plants, seeded our cucumbers, and potted our herbs.
There is nothing like garden-fresh tomatoes or basil. They are two of my favorite complementary foods that enhance each other’s flavors.
During the warmer months, I love to make easy lunches or snacks that include tomatoes since we plant so many. Tomato toast with cheese is a favorite of mine so I wanted to share a fun version using Thomas’ English Muffins (available at Walmart).
Our Favorite English Muffin Brand
Thomas’ English Muffins Original Nook and Crannies have been a household staple since I was a child. My mom bought them weekly and would make us English Muffin Pizzas. She always had her own package of Cinnamon Raisin English Muffins that she would butter and enjoy with coffee.
This iconic brand of Thomas’ English Muffins is my favorite because they are always fresh and the nooks and crannies crevices hold spreads, and juices from foods like tomato.
Thomas’ Original Nook and Crannies, Cinnamon Raisin, and Light Multi-Grain can be found at Walmart and make the perfect quick meal, or snack.
English Muffin Lunch Recipe
Looking for a tasty english muffin lunch recipe that is kind of like an upscale version of English muffin pizza? These Toasted Tomato & Basil English Muffins are delicious and easy to make. Loaded with fresh flavor and melty cheese, they are a perfect quick bite.
Toasted Tomato & Basil English Muffins Ingredients
- Thomas’ English Muffins
- 2 tbsps E.V.O.O
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Tomatoes on the vine
- Mozzarella cheese slices
- Fresh basil
For a nice pre-toast, I heated my oven to 375 degrees f. and I used a fork to split open the Thomas’ English Muffins.
Next, I added the olive oil to a small bowl with the garlic powder and mixed it up. I lightly brushed 4 English muffin sides with this garlic oil mixture.
Then, I sliced my tomato and stacked 3 ( half inch thick) slices to each. I tried to gently pat them with a paper towel to remove a little excess juice. Thankfully, the Nooks and Crannies texture of the Thomas’ English Muffin absorbed the rest nicely.
I then added some fresh sliced basil to each, and sprinkle the tomato with salt and pepper. Lastly, I added a slice of mozzarella to each and returned the muffins to the oven for 5-7 minutes.
These Toasted Tomato & Basil English Muffins were such a delicious and fun lunch proving that english muffins can be eaten anytime of day!
Thomas’ English Muffins Sweepstakes
Thomas’ English Muffins have an amazing sweepstakes for you to enter! Upload your Thomas’ English Muffin Summer recipe to enter for a chance to win an all-expenses paid trip to a foodie destination! You could visit New Orleans, San Francisco or Savannah, GA! Get details here and get your cook on!
Tomato and Basil English Muffins Recipe
- 2 Thomas' English Muffins, fork split
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- 1 lb tomatoes on the vine, about 3 small ones
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, 2 slices
- 1 tbsp basil, about 6 leaves chopped
- Preheat your oven to 375 degree f.
- Using a fork, split apart your Thomas' English Muffins and add them to a small baking tray.
- Add the olive oil to a small bowl with the garlic powder and mixed it up.
- Lightly brush 4 English muffin sides with this garlic oil mixture.
- Bake for 5 mins and remove from oven.
- Slice tomato to about 1/2″ thick slices. Pat dry to remove excess moisture.
- Stack tomato on the English muffins. Sprinkle with basil, salt, and pepper.
- Top with one slice of cheese each and return to oven for an additional 5-7 minutes. If you choose to broil, leave in the oven for 1-2 minutes max.
- Enjoy warm for lunch or a midday snack.