Reminisce about your vacation travels with this easy to make DIY Vacation Memory Jar. It is easy and inexpensive to put together and will be treasured for years to come.
Family vacations are one of life’s greatest treasures. Our family looks forward to our annual road trip to the south almost every June. This year however, due to some home renovations we sacrificed a larger scale adventure and settled on some more more manageable day trips.
Next year we plan on going BIG with a Carnival Cruise, but we are not yet sure on which ship or port we’d like to sail out of since their are so many amazing options.
The reality of things are we are truly blessed to have a healthy family, and the funds to vacation yearly. Many people right here in the US are not as lucky and could only dream of being able to sail to the Mediterranean on a luxury cruise liner.
Between the lack of time off, family situations, and even health issues, their are thousands of families who could only dream of taking a luxury cruise.
Vacation Memory Jar Supplies
- 1 Large Clamp Lid Mason Jar
- 1 cup of sand (preferably from your vacation) *if you traveled to a beach.
- Shells, rocks, and small pieces of driftwood you pick up on your vacation (beach jar)
- For other vacations, Amusement park tickets, receipts, tokens, small toys, dried flowers, bracelets and souvenirs would also work.
- One 4 x 6 image to summarize your trip by
- Optional ribbons, stickers to decorate the outside of your jar.
How to Make a Vacation Memory Jar
For a beach vacation memory jar, fill your jar about 2/3 of the way with sand. If you are doing another type of vacation, add your small trinkets.
Gently insert your photo upright. Depending on the size of the jar you might need to slightly curve it.
Close your jar up and voila, you have an awesome vacation memory jar!
Display your vacation memory jar on a mantle, or bureau to always remember your family’s fun vacation memories.
Pin this for later:
Have you even been on a cruise? What destination would you like to visit?