10 Minute Caramelized, Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts-So Tasty, and Delicious!
Would you believe that it was only a few days ago and the age of 30 that I first tasted brussel sprouts? Honestly, it was not that I didn’t want to try them, but more of a “never had the opportunity” type deal. I really do love vegetables, and have no aversions to any of them. I am actually super glad I bought some brussel sprouts at the market because they are so darn good!
In the past, I have roasted peppers, onions, carrots, beets, asparagus and more. My favorite method to cook veggies is to grill them, however that was just not happening with 2 feet of snow. My next favorite method is to oven roast them for around 10 minutes with some salt, garlic powder, pepper and olive oil. It is super easy, and can be done on a baking dish.
Ten minutes later, and you have some of the tastiest little slightly caramelized green and crunchy brussel sprouts. After serving some with some fish and loaded mashed potatoes, I wondered why it took me so long to make them myself?
Here is what you’ll need to make these 10 Minute Caramelized, Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 1 lb of washed, and split brussel sprouts
- 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
Wash, and slice your brussel sprouts. If the stem is too long, trim that back
Add sprouts to a large bowl with your spices, and oil; toss well
Place sprouts on a baking sheet
Put the brussel sprouts in the oven, and bake them for about 10 minutes. This allows the sweetness of the sprout and oil to caramelize them and taste oh so good!
Caramelized Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- baking sheet
- 1 lb brussel sprouts washes, and cut in half
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pre-heat oven to 400°F
- wash and slice the brussel sprouts
- Add the sprouts to a large bowl along with the salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and olive oil.
- Toss the brussel sprouts until they are evenly coated with the spices and oilve oil.
- Arrange the sprouts evenly on to a baking sheet.
- Bake them for 10 minutes and remove from oven. Enjoy!