Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
Are you a buffalo chicken fanatic? I know my husband is, and he is constantly requesting that I make buffalo chicken dip. I don’t really mind making his favorite snack, but it is not the healthiest dip on the planet. I suppose we could lighten it up a bit, but then it probably wouldn’t be as tasty.
I am always looking for new, fun, and creative ways to liven up favorite foods. So far, I have made buffalo chicken wontons, and now a buffalo chicken pasta bake. Just imagine buffalo chicken dip with pasta baked into it-sounds good huh? Since it is frozen month, and this chicken was “technically” in the freezer I figured it could work. *please note this dish is not gluten free
Overall, I found this dish very easy to make, but I must tell you all that I do not use canned chicken. For me, canned chicken is bland, and loaded with sodium. I prefer to cut up skinless, boneless chicken breast and pan fry them. While I generally food process my cooked chicken, I decided not to for this dish. I wanted it to have a texture, and not be like a puree with noodles.
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake Ingredients-serves 8
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast cubed
- 12 ounces of pasta-I used rotini
- 1 1/2 packages of softened cream cheese
- 6-8 ounces of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce -depends on how spicy you want it
- 8 ounces of blue cheese dressing -I prefer Ken’s
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- olive oil, salt, and pepper for pan frying chicken
- In a large heated skillet, pan fry your chicken until clear juices run freely when chicken is pressed
- Boil your pasta
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your cream cheese, blue cheese dressing, franks, and cooked chicken
- When pasta is done, add it to your bowl-mix fully
- Place in a large casserole dish
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese, and drizzle with extra Frank’s
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes
~Enjoy your buffalo chicken pasta bake –it is so delicious, but definitely a once in a whole type dish due to it’s high calorie count.
Like what you see? Please join Savvy Saving Couple on Pinterest so that you never miss another amazing recipe. We specialize is desserts, gluten free cooking, and unique, frugal recipes for any skill cook!