An irresistibly cheesy baked buffalo chicken pasta made with ranch dressing, penne, leftover chicken, and lots of cheese!
Happy February! It is the time of the year where winter weather is in full force and snow is the norm. I am so happy to have a fireplace this year and a nice new kitchen. My favorite thing to do when the snow is falling is to bake and cook.
Some of my favorite dishes this time of year are ones that can be easily made and baked. Meals like this Baked Buffalo Chicken Pasta are the real deal. If you love buffalo chicken tenders or dip then this comfort meal is for you!
I know my family loves a good comfort meal to make memories both preparing it and at the dinner table. If you want to recreate this Amazing Baked Buffalo Chicken Pasta Your Family will Love. here are some tips.
Which kind of Chicken for Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake?
This is a great question because the answer is super versatile! You can really use any fully cooked chicken you would like. Grilled chicken, chicken tenders, boiled chicken, canned chicken–whatever you have on-hand will work.
Can I use Blue Cheese Dressing in Buffalo Chicken Pasta?
Of course!! We actually have made this variation plenty of times in the past. However, my youngest child prefers ranch so I tend to use this in my casserole to prevent him from not eating.
Can I add Celery to my Buffalo Chicken Pasta?
YES! I actually would have added some celery in mine, but I did not have any on-hand. To incorporate celery into this meal, simply work in 1/2 cup in the mixing stage.
Which Cheese is Best for Buffalo Chicken?
Over the years, I have tried many different cheese variations.
However, I keep coming back to a blend of sharp cheddar, and mozzarella.
I find these two cheese work so well together and complement the creaminess of this dish. I also add one brick of cream cheese in with the chicken for extra flavor.
Tempted to make this Buffalo Chicken Casserole? Get the printable recipe below!
Amazing Baked Buffalo Chicken Pasta Your Family will Love
- 2 cups leftover chicken can be plain, tenders, or rotisserie
- 1 ½ cups ranch dressing
- ⅓ cup red pepper sauce
- 16 ounces cheddar & mozzarella blend shredded cheese divided into 2 cups
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons green scalllions for garnish
- Boil pasta until al dente.
- In a large bowl, shred leftover chicken.
- Add hot sauce, 1 cup of shredded cheese, cream cheese, and ranch to the shredded chicken.
- Combine well.
- Drain pasta.
- Add pasta to chicken and mix.
- Add pasta and chicken mixture to your casserole dish.
- Top with additional shredded cheese & pepper sauce (optional)
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- Top with scallions, and enjoy warm.