This post was sponsored by Carando as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
If you love easy meals that provides lots of flavor and comfort, this Cheesy Meatball Casserole is for you. This meal does not contain pasta, but is loaded with rich Italian flavors that your family is sure to enjoy. Pair this casserole with garlic bread, a bed of greens, or starch of your choice.
Don’t have time to prepare your own Italian meatballs? That is totally okay! Carando Meatballs are delicious and make this casserole an easy, breezy meal. You can find these in the refrigerated section of your local meat department.
Cheesy Meatball Casserole
We love this meal so much on chilly fall evenings. I think we can all agree that there is nothing better than a full belly when the weather starts to cool down. Below are some reasons why you should try this meatball casserole at least once this season–chances are you will want to make it more though!
- This meal is super quick to assemble and screams convenience. By using premade Carando Meatballs in your favorite flavor, you can save time. We really love the Abruzzese Italian Style Meatballs which make this meal pop. My family also enjoys the Sicilian Italian Style Meatballs and the Mozzarella Rustica Italian Style Meatballs.
- It is super cheesy. You can use your favorite cheese varieties. We used provolone, Parmesan, and fresh mozzarella. I recommend grating the cheese so it melts creamier.
- You can enjoy this in a sub roll. We love this casserole because it is really just cheese, meatballs, and sauce. Add the casserole to a grinder or sub roll for a tasty meal.
- Carando Meatballs taste homemade and are fresh. It is hard these days to find a quality meatball that is not homemade. Carando meatballs have robust flavors that allow consumers to create authentic Italian style meals in less than 30 minutes.
- This dinner can be made ahead of time. Simply add the sauce to your casserole dish, the meatballs and cheese. Bake once you are ready!
Meatball Bake Ingredients
- 2 packages of Carando Abruzzese Italian Style Meatballs
- 24 ounces of your favorite marinara
- 1 cup of grated/shredded provolone cheese
- 8 ounces of grated fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh Italian herbs to garnish
How to make Meatball Casserole
Line a 9″ x 13″ deep dish glass bakeware with 12 ounces of marinara.
Add the Carando Meatballs evenly to the dish on top of the marinara/
Add 1/2 cup of provolone, Parmesan, and fresh mozzarella to the top of the meatballs.
Add another layer of sauce in-between the meatballs.
Finish off the top of the sauced meatballs with the remaining cheese, and sprinkle on the Italian Herbs.
Bake covered for 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and then 10 additional minutes uncovered.
Serve with warm garlic bread, and a side of greens. Additionally, you can serve these meatballs on a grinder bread or sub roll.
How to Freeze
To freeze this meal, assemble meatballs, sauce, and cheese as described in steps 1-5. I recommend using a disposable, freezer-safe pan with a lid. Be sure to wrap the pan in plastic wrap to keep it fresh for up to one month.
For heating, bake casserole from frozen at 350 degrees for 30 minutes covered, and 15 minutes uncovered. You can add extra cheese if you wish to liven it up.
Meatball recipes to try
Cheesy Meatball Casserole
- 32 ounces Carando Abruzzese Italian Style Meatballs
- 24 ounces marinara
- 1 cup provolone cheese shredded or grated
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella shredded or grated
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded or grated
- 3/4 tablespoon Italian Herbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 9″ x 13″ deep dish bakeware pan with 12 ounces of marinara.
- Add the Carando Meatballs evenly to the dish on top of the marinara/
- Add 1/2 cup of provolone, Parmesan, and fresh mozzarella to the top of the meatballs.
- Add another layer of sauce in-between the meatballs.
- Finish off the top of the sauced meatballs with the remaining cheese, and sprinkle on the Italian Herbs.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes, and uncovered for 15 additional minutes or until internal temperature of the meatballs reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve meatballs warm in bread or with a side of garlic bread and salad.