These chewy, and super moist peanut butter brownies will knock your socks off! Made with crunchy peanut butter, brown sugar, eggs and a few other simple ingredients.
When I was a middle schooler I used to be in “foodie love” with the peanut butter brownies our school would sell. These generous sized brownies were made with peanut butter but has a slightly flaky crust, and totally moist inner.
I love peanut butter baked goods! There’s just something about the texture and flavor of peanut butter that makes it the perfect key ingredient in so many delicious desserts!
Piecing together the perfect peanut butter brownie recipe was not easy! I searched for one, but could only find peanut butter blondies, or cake brownies.
I wanted a chewy brownie that was moist inside, but had those decadent crispy edges. So after a while hunting, I finally adapted my own recipe that used pretty much all organic ingredients. (You do not have to use organic baking ingredients. It’s just what I had in my pantry.)
Chewy Peanut Butter Brownie Recipe
What You’ll Need:
- 9″ x 9″ Metal or Glass Baking Pan
- 1/2 cup of smooth or chunky Peanut butter (We used no-stir natural)
- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Butter
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of Salt
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees, and line a 9 x 9 baking pan with parchment paper so you can easily lift your brownies right out once they are cooled. This trick makes things a bazillion times easier, and cleaner.
In a large bowl, cream your peanut butter, butter and both sugars
Slowly add the eggs, extract, and salt
In a smaller bowl, whisk the baking powder and flour, slowly pour this into the creamed mixture, do not over mix or you will get fluffy cake brownies.
Smooth thick batter into your pan and bake for about 30-35 minutes max. The brownies will feel soft or “raw” but will harden up a they cool. They will have a slightly wet look in the middle, but should be cooked. This will keep them chewy, moist, and yummy!
These Chewy Peanut Butter Brownies go well with ice cold milk or iced coffee. Watch out because they are addicting, and may have you doing crazy things for more!
Printable Recipe Card Below:
Chewy Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter crunchy or smooth
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Pre heat oven to 350F
- Line a 9″x9″ metal or glass baking pan with parchment paper so you can easily lift your brownies right out once they are cooled. (This is optional, but makes removing the brownies and cleaning way easier!)
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the peanut butter, melted butter, white sugar and brown sugar together.
- Slowly add the eggs, vanilla extract, and pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- Slowly add the flour and baking powder mix to the peanut butter mixture and slowly mix or fold to combine all ingredients. DO NOT OVER MIX! Over mixing will make fluffy cake-like brownies.
- Smooth the batter into the 9″x9″ pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- The brownies will feel soft or “raw” but will harden up a they cool. They will have a slightly wet look in the middle, but should be cooked. This will keep them chewy, moist, and yummy!