Looking for an easy peanut butter cookie recipe? This is it! Only three ingredients are required to make these quick and delicious cookies. Read on to learn how you can whip up a batch in no time at all!
What’s better than a cookie to sweeten up your day? These three-bite peanut butter cookies are perfect if you want something super easy and they’re pretty the best thing ever! I bet you’ll never go back to store bought cookies again after this because A. They are cheap and B. They are easy peasy. In fact, I love them just as much as my Chewy Peanut Butter Brownies.
When it comes to baking, I am all about the quick, and easy recipes. Sure, I love to get a little fancy once in a while, but for the most part, simplicity is key with three young children.
Over 10 years ago, I stumbled across this three ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe in a little cookbook. I was in awe that 1 egg, peanut butter, and sugar would produce such a drool worthy cookie. I wish I had discovered this recipe much sooner!
- Egg – This recipe uses one large egg to bind all the ingredients together.
- Peanut Butter – Chunky or creamy work for this recipe. However, I do not recommend the natural stir kinds.
- Sugar – One cup of granulated sugar does the trick although I have cut it down to 3/4 with minimal impact.
Yes, these cookies are gluten free! That makes them a perfect and quick dessert for people with gluten allergies! Most store bought gluten free cookies are higher priced than traditional cookies, so these are a blessing!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 cup of peanut butter, 1 cup of sugar and an egg until well combined.
- Roll dough into balls about the size of a golf ball.
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Using the back of a fork, add crosshatched imprints (gently) on the top surface. These cookies will NOT spread.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center is set
Add your golf ball-sized cookie balls to your baking sheet. You can use an ungreased cookie sheet that is nonstick, or use parchment paper for easy cleanup.
Using a fork, make a cross hatch pattern and gently press the cookies down.
Bake for 8-10 minutes and you have the BEST cookie around!
Allow them to fully cool, and enjoy you super easy three ingredient peanut butter cookies!
These cookies will last for up to 3 days when placed in an airtight storage container at room temperature.
Freezing cookie dough is a great way to save time. The dough can be rolled into balls, placed on parchment-lined baking sheets and then frozen for about an hour or two until solid.
Transfer the frozen dough balls by placing them in a freezer safe container or bag. When you want some cookies pull out as many individual pieces as needed from the bag/container and bake with 1 minute added time.
Peanut Butter Recipes to Try!
- Nutella Peanut Butter Brownies
- Flourless White Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chewy Peanut Butter Brownies
- Peanut Butter Cookies made with Splenda
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- baking sheet
- measuring cup
- Mixing bowl
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup peanut butter creamy or chunky
- 1 cup white sugar
- Pre-heat your oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, mix all three ingredients with a wooden spoon.
- Spoon small golf-ball sized balls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Gently press down, and form cross hatches using a fork on each ball.
- Bake them for 8-10 minutes at 350°F.
- Allow them to fully cool, and enjoy you super easy three ingredient peanut butter cookies!