This is yummy chicken salad recipe is made with with green grapes, cranberries and walnuts. A superb flavor and texture combination to drive your tastebuds wild!
Lately, I have been trying to eat lower-carb lunches. I am a self-proclaimed “carb-aholic” that has been sticking to higher protein meals. Let me tell you, it is not so easy!!
This delicious chicken salad with grapes is a perfect lunch or side dish. The combination of sweet and savory flavors and mixture of textures make this chicken salad stand out.
Surprisingly, my whole family loved it, and I hope yours will too!
How to Make Chicken Salad With Grapes
The key to making a great chicken salad is to add fun ingredients to balance out the flavors and texture of the dish. You can use either green or red seedless grapes in chicken salad. I chose to use green grapes in this recipe because (honestly) they were the ones that were on sale at the grocery store!
Grapes provide an extra boost of moisture and sweetness to a chicken salad. Make sure you at least slice the grapes in half. If they’re large grapes, it’s better to cut then into quarters instead.
In addition to grapes, walnuts and dried cranberries are also great additions to salads. Walnuts add a satisfying crunch, while the tart dried cranberries balance out the sweetness from the grapes.
Print this Chicken Salad with Green Grapes, Cranberries, & Walnuts below because it is going to be a keeper!
Chicken Salad with Grapes, Cranberries, & Walnuts Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs white meat chicken breast cubed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 small white onion diced
- 1 cup green grapes sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- seasoning for chicken
- 1 tablespoon EVOO *to pan- fry chicken
- 3/4 cup Hellmann’s Mayo
- Season the chicken breast with your choice of seasoning. I prefer sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Pan-fry seasoned chicken for 7-10 minutes until clear juices run free.
- Carefully slice into the meat to make sure it is white and not pink.
- In a large bowl, add grapes, cranberries, walnuts, onions, and celery.
- Add mayo.
- Add in pan-friend chicken and toss until everything is coated.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill.
- Serve alone or with some greens.