A chilled pasta salad that features white meat chicken, shaved parmesan, romaine, and Caesar dressing for a hearty meal in just 15 minutes!
This Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad is the perfect summer dish! It’s easy to make and it’s loaded with delicious flavors. The best part is that it’s perfect for any occasion – whether you’re hosting a party or just looking for something to take to a potluck. You’re going to love this salad!
Pasta – This recipe is pretty flexible and can feature a variety of pasta shapes. Consider using what you may have on-hand.
Chicken – I used one pound of skinless, white meat chicken that I pan fried with salt, pepper, and garlic seasoning. You can also use rotisserie chicken or any white meat chicken you might have.
Dressing – You can use any type of Caesar dressing you prefer. I love Marie’s which can be found in the refrigerated section of your local grocer. If you know how to make your own Caesar dressing you can also use that.
Cheese – I love shaved parmesan cheese but you can use shredded parmesan, or a grated variety.
Greens – Romaine is the traditional lettuce used for Caesar salads, but if you have other greens on-hand, feel free to use those.
Making this Salad
This is one of the EASIEST pasta salads with chicken to make! I love that it takes literally 15 minutes to put together from start to finish! That is why it is my number one summer salad recipe choice for quick, weeknight dinners.
Providing you have precooked chicken, all you have to do is:
- Boil the pasta.
- Drain, and rinse the pasta.
- Mix the pasta with chicken, romaine, cheese, and dressing.
- Serve with Caesar croutons on top.
How to Store
This salad is best eaten within the first 1-2 days due to the fact that the leaves tend to get soggy and brown. I recommend storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Only add croutons right before enjoying this salad because they will get very soggy.
More Salad Recipes to Try Today
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- 5-quart stockpot
- Large bowl
- measuring cup
- 16 ounces pasta
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded or cubed
- 8 ounces romaine lettuce leaves
- 12 ounces Marie's Caesar dressing
- ½ cup shaved parmesan
- 1 cup croutons
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add pasta to a large bowl with chicken, romaine leaves, and parmesan cheese.
- Pour salad dressing over the salad, and toss to combine. Top with croutons immediately before serving.