If you love the flavor of chocolate cherry cordials, you’ll love this scrumptious, rich, chocolate cherry fudge with nuts. It is really easy to make in the microwave! Once firm, it cuts nicely into little giftable cubes. With just five ingredients this fudge comes together quickly and easily- no mixer or special tools required!
Why I Love this Fudge
This fudge is a favorite because the flavors of chocolate, cherry, and almond marry together so perfectly. This chocolate confection can also be made on the cheap if you choose to use walnuts. Of course, the more expensive the ingredients, the more premium of a fudge you’ll be creating. Ghirardelli chocolate morsels are the best but even store-brand will work!
How to Make this Microwave Fudge
This yummy treat is made with milk chocolate (dark, or semi-sweet), sweetened condensed milk, maraschino cherries (chopped and drained), walnuts (chopped) and almond extract.
After you prepare all these items, simply add the chocolate and sweetened condensed milk together in the microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and continue the melting process in 15-second increments until creamy.
Once creamy, add the extract, and fold in the cherries and nuts. Refrigerate until firm for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Cut into cubes and store in-between wax or parchment paper sheets. This fudge is so good that it will go quick!
You can make this recipe using white, dark, milk, or semi-sweet chocolate.
Green or red cherries can be used with this recipe- just be sure to remove most of the moisture to prevent stickier fudge. Additionally, you can make a firmer fudge with dried cherries, or cranberries.
You can use vanilla extract instead of almond extract if you prefer.
Gifting this Fudge
If you would like to gift this fudge, you could make it in a disposable aluminum pan that is lined with parchment or wax paper. Store fudge in the fridge or at room temperature, covered with plastic wrap or gifting clear cellophane paper with a bow. Additionally, you could add this fudge to little cellphone bags with a bow.
You can also add this fudge to mini cupcake liners, and put it in mini gifting tins. It is okay to leave this particular fudge out at room temperature for up to 2 weeks time. However, that might not be the same with other varieties so take caution.
How Long Does Fudge Last?
This fudge recipe (others may vary) is a wonderful confection to keep in the fridge for up to 4-6 weeks. At room temperature, I find 2 weeks provides the freshest fudge taste. This fudge is a nice little treat to satisfy your sweet tooth. Since it is rich, a little goes a long way.
Additionally, you can also freeze this fudge for up to 3 months when stored in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag. I prefer the containers because they can be stored in-between the parchment paper with space to easily grab a cube. Thaw fudge in the fridge for 4-6 hours before enjoying.
More Giftable Candy
Chocolate Cherry Nut Fudge
- large microwave-safe bowl
- 8 x 8 baking dish
- parchment or wax paper
- Rubber Spatula
- paper towels
- cutting board & knife
- 2 cups milk chocolate morsels
- 11 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup maraschino cherries
- ½ cup nuts almonds, walnuts, pecans crushed
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Drain and chop maraschino cherries. It is crucial that these chopped cherries are patted dry as much as possible. Any extra liquid will make the fudge sticky. Use a paper towel to squeeze out as much excess liquid as possible; set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate morsels and sweetened condensed milk. Microwave the mixture for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat the process in 15-second increments. Once creamy, mix in the extract, cherries, and nuts.
- Spread the mixture into a parchment paper lined baking dish with a rubber spatula. Place the baking dish in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours until solid.
- Once solid, remove the parchment paper from the dish and slice the fudge into cubes.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.