Tender pasta is tossed with crunchy veggies, egg whites, and a creamy egg-yolks-based dressing. This is a winning, crowd-pleasing pasta salad.
Deviled Egg Pasta Salad is a delicious fresh side dish perfect for any summer gathering. This easy-to-make recipe combines the classic deviled egg flavors with a creamy pasta salad that’s sure to be a hit at your next barbecue. The ingredients are simple and the preparation is quick, so you can get this dish on the table in no time.
Why you will love Deviled Egg Pasta Salad:
– It’s quick and easy to make, so you can get it on the table in no time.
– The classic deviled egg flavors pair perfectly with the creamy pasta salad for a delicious side dish.
– This recipe is perfect for summer barbecues or other gatherings – everyone will love it!
– You can serve it chilled or at room temperature, so it’s great for any occasion.
– It’s a nutritious side dish packed with protein and veggies, so you can feel good about what you’re eating.
Pasta – The best shape for this pasta salad is elbow macaroni because it is the perfect vessel to hold all the flavors.
Eggs – Large, fresh eggs are the best but brands like Eggland’s Best are also delicious options.
Onion – Red onions are the best onions to use in salads for flavor and color.
Celery – Adds a flavorful crunch and color.
Pickles – Dill pickles add a much-desired flavor pop to this salad.
Green onion – Adds mild flavor and makes a tasty garnish.
Spices – Paprika, black ground pepper, garlic powder, and salt adds flavor.
Mayonnaise – A staple in traditional deviled eggs, this binds the salad ingredients.
Dijon mustard – Add flavor to give this dish its signature flavors.
Apple cider vinegar – Adds some acidic flavor and sweetness to the dish.
How to Make Deviled Egg Pasta Salad
Cook macaroni according to the package instructions. Once done, drain and rinse with cool water until the macaroni is no longer warm.
Separate boiled Eggland’s Best Eggs. Chop the egg whites and set aside the yolks.
In a large bowl, combine the cooled macaroni with the chopped egg whites, veggies, pickles, and spices.
In a medium-sized bowl, gently mashed the egg yolks until powdery. Add the pickle juice, vinegar, mustard, and mayonnaise; combine.
Pour the creamy mixture over the macaroni and vegetables and toss to combine.
Garnish with additional green onion and paprika.
Cover and chill for 2 hours for the best flavor. Be sure to thoroughly mix before serving to remoisten the salad.
For something even more special, you can also add different flavors to your deviled egg pasta salad. Try adding some fresh herbs such as dill, basil, or chives.
You can also add some crispy bacon, cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, or black olives to give the dish a flavorful punch. If you’re looking for an extra bit of spice, try adding a teaspoon of your favorite hot sauce or a pinch of cayenne pepper for a bit of zing. Give your deviled egg pasta salad a personal touch and you’ll be sure to create something unique and delicious!
How Long Does this Pasta Salad Last?
Deviled Egg Pasta Salad will last 3-4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To maximize freshness and flavor it is best to enjoy it within 1-2 days after preparing. Be sure to check and toss any leftovers before eating as they may spoil quickly due to the egg yolks used in the dish.
If you’re bringing this to a cookout or BBQ, be sure to keep it over ice in a cooler.
If the pasta salad has been sitting out at room temperature for more than 2 hours, it should be discarded.
More Delicious Pasta Salad Recipes
- Chicken Bowtie Pasta Salad
- Crab Pasta Salad
- Strawberry Fields Pasta Salad
- Pesto Pasta Salad
- Tuna Pasta Salad
Deviled Egg Pasta Salad
- large stockpot to boil pasta
- Small stockpot to boil eggs
- large bowls
- 2 medium bowls
- Measuring cups & spoons
- cutting board & knife
- 8 ounces macaroni
- 6 large egg whites *We used Eggland's Best
- ⅓ cup red onion
- ½ cup celery
- ¼ cup dill pickles
- ¼ cup green onion
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 whole egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Cook macaroni according to the package instructions. Once done, drain and rinse with cool water until the macaroni is no longer warm.
- Separate boiled Eggland's Best Eggs. Chop the egg whites and set aside the yolks.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled macaroni with the chopped egg whites, veggies, pickles, and spices.
- In a medium-sized bowl, gently mashed the egg yolks until powdery. Add the pickle juice, vinegar, mustard, and mayonnaise; combine.
- Pour the creamy mixture over the macaroni and vegetables and toss to combine.
- Garnish with additional green onion and paprika.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours for the best flavor.