Grill Brats Indoors (This is too easy!)
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.
There isn’t much to look forward to during the Winter season except football and planning Springtime activities. One of my favorite activities is grilling outdoors. I love the flavor and texture of bratwurst sausage that’s been seared on the outside to lock in those delicious juices.
Unfortunately, this time of the year makes it difficult to get outside to grill. I don’t want to tread through snow and stand in freezing temperatures waiting for my food to cook!
The good news is that Johnsonville heard my cries, and the cries of many Men! They have solved the dilemma of winter grilling, by introducing the Sizzling Sausage Grill.
This grill and Johsonsville Sausage/Brats are PERFECT for the upcoming big game, and pretty much any other time you want a quick meal!
The Sizzling Sausage Grill is made specifically for Johnsonville Sausage or Bratwurst. It’s electric, so it works safely indoors to fill your home with the wonderful aroma of sizzling sausage! I just finished grilling a batch of Johnsonville Beer ‘n Brats to a seared, juicy perfection. (The recipe for these mouth watering Swiss cheese stuffed Brats with grilled onions and peppers is at the end of this post.)
This is what I really like about the Sizzling Sausage Grill:
- It grills up to 5 sausages at a time.
- It uses a built in temperature probe to monitor the internal temperature of the sausage.
- When the sausage is finished cooking (according to the internal temperature), the grill beeps and the heat shuts off.
- The cooking plates are removable for cleaning, so you don’t need to carry the entire grill to the sink.
- The cooking plates are non-stick, so they clean very easily.
Another great advantage to using this grill is that it cooks the sausage quick.
My last batch was ready in under 10 minutes.
This is because the design of the cooking plates encloses the sausage on all sides.
That means you get a crispy, sizzling outer sausage, and a juicy, fully- cooked sausage on the inside–perfect for onions, peppers and all the fixins’.
I must say these brats came out so good, I ate a way more than I should have.
Before I go work off these delicious brats, let me share the recipe with you below:
Get the printable recipe for these Beer Brats Stuffed with Swiss Cheese, Onions, and Peppers below!
Beer Brats Stuffed with Swiss Cheese, Onions, and Peppers
- 1 package Johnsonville Beer 'n Brats *make sure they are defrosted and not frozen!
- 6 Bakery Style Hot Dog Buns
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 Slices Swiss Cut in half
- Heat Sizzling Sausage Grill (if this is a new device expect some smoke as the oil burns off the elements. The grill plates are removable and should be washed. Make sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions and reach out directly to them if any issues arise. We are not affiliated with this company and are simply offering our personal experience.Add brats to the Sizzling Sausage Grill and cook until grill light goes off and device beeps.Pan- saute the onions and peppers with the olive oil, salt and pepper for about 5 minutes (over medium heat) or until the onions turn slightly clear.Once brats are done, carefully remove them from the grill, and allow them to rest for about 5 minutes. You do not want to cut into them as they sizzle because they could send out grease spats.Slice them about 1/2 inch down the middle and stuff them with cheese. Add onion, and peppers.Enjoy warm!