Crab Rangoon Dip- A Takeout Favorite in Dip Form
A cheesy, hot dip that tastes just like the best part of a crab rangoon-the middle.
Every restaurant has their own version of crab rangoons which are generally slightly varied but in the end, they all share that hard to resist, slightly tangy and warm cream cheese and crab flavors.
I am not sure if I love the warm, creamy middle of a crab rangoon so much, or the crispy shell? Just the other day, I felt like making a batch of oven baked crab rangoons, but I didn’t have any wonton wrappers in the house.
So, I decided I would make a hot crab rangoon dip instead to enjoy with some tortillas and crackers.
Real or Imitation Crab for Crab Rangoon Dip?
For this warm crab dip recipe, I used imitation crab meat because strangely I enjoy it much more than the real deal. Don’t get me wrong, I love a fresh crab or two but when I mix real crab with cheese, I don’t like the flavor combo. That’s why imitation crab meat is a great substitute if the real deal is too strong for you.
Ingredients to Make Hot Crab Rangoon Dip
Want to make this Hot Crab Rangoon Dip? It is actually super easy and not at all time consuming!
- (2) 8 ounce packages of whole cream cheese
- (1) 8 ounce package of imitation crab meat
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Frank’s Red hot
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
Combine all ingredients except for the cheddar cheese in a large bowl.
Place mixture in a 8 x 8 baking dish and top with the cheddar cheese.
Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
Enjoy with some tortilla chips, crusty bread, or fried wonton strips.
Everyone loved this recipe and the kids even requested more! I am going to try it with some fried wonton strips next time I make it for an even tastier experience.
You might also like these crab recipes:
Crab Rangoon Dip (Hot Crab Dip)
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces imitation crab meat
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Franks’ Red Hot
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped scallions
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Combine all ingredients except for the cheddar cheese in a large bowl.
- Place mixture in a 8 x 8 baking dish and top with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Enjoy with some tortilla chips, crusty bread, or fried wonton strips.