Pumpkin Streusel Bundt Cake is a fall dessert that celebrates the flavors of of the season. This pumpkin coffee cake features a deliciously easy streusel topping and makes for a tasty breakfast or dessert. Pair it with a hot cup of coffee for a truly tasty experience.
Last updated: 8/24/2020
Fall is such a beautiful time of year here in New England. The trees are losing their leaves, acorns are falling, and the colors of burnt orange, deep yellow, and crimson red lace the tree lines.
This chilly, and beautiful time of year is the start of the hot coffee season for me. There is nothing more relaxing than the scents of fall and freshly brewed hot coffee wafting through the air.
Pumpkin Streusel Bundt Cake
We all know coffee pairs so well with a baked treat like Pumpkin Streusel Bundt Cake, so I wanted to share this delicious recipe with you all. This recipe is also known as Pumpkin Coffee Cake.
Coffee cake is one of my favorite cakes to serve with a hot cup of coffee. I really love how they go together hand-in-hand. But, since it is the season of all things pumpkin, I wanted to add a fall twist on a classic.
This Pumpkin Streusel Bundt Cake is pairs perfectly with hot coffee and features a delicious, streusel-crusted outer layer. It is made in a bundt cake pan is makes a nice Thanksgiving dessert idea.
How to Make Streusel Topping
For this pumpkin streusel coffee cake, I used a basic streusel topping which consisted of common baking ingredients.
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
- Butter (melted)
You want to make sure the butter is melted before adding it to the bowl. I used my clean hands to scrunch everything up. You want all the powders to be combined into little clumps before adding this to your bundt cake.
For this cake, you add the batter to a greased bundt cake pan, and then you top it with the above streusel ingredients and bake for 50 minutes.
How to Easily Flip this Cake
This cake is a little tricky when it comes to plating because it does matter which side faces up. Typically, bundt cakes can be served upside down and then topped with icing or frosting.
For this cake, you want to add it to either a cake stand or a serving platter.
The first bit of advice is to make sure your bundt cake pan is fully greased and floured before adding the batter.
Once it is fully baked, you want to allow it to cool for one full hour.
Then, use a plastic knife to gently pry the sides to loosen it.
Once you are ready to remove it from the pan, cover the bundt securely with a large plate.
Then flip swiftly, yet gently. You will lose a tiny amount of topping but that is ok.
To get in onto its right side up on a cake server, or stand this is where it gets tricky.
You want to make sure you flip the cake stand to abut it to the top facing side of the cake.
Then, in one swift motion flip the cake plate so the bundt will be facing right side up on the platter.
If you lost some streusel in the flip that is normal. Carefully dust away any excess before serving.
Slice and enjoy this cake with a hot cup of coffee.
What is your favorite way to enjoy a hot cup of coffee during the fall?
Pumpkin Streusel Bundt Cake Recipe
- Hand mixer
- Bundt Pan
- Mixing Bowls
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 tbsps melted butter
- 1/2 cup pecans crushed
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees f.
- Grease and lightly flour a bundt cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl add the cake flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt-whisk until combined.
- Add in eggs, pumpkin, butter, and spices- beat on medium with a handmixer until well-combined. This batter is on the thicker side.
- Once combined, pour batter into your bundt pan and set aside.
- Combine all streusel ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl using your clean hands. Form mixture until it is clumpy.
- Once all the powder and ingredients are combined, scatter streusel over the cake batter.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to fully cool before removing. See notes in post on how to easily flip this cake.