This post has been sponsored by The Coca-Cola® Company and SheSpeaks. Msg for 21+
Magic Potion Rum & Coke Cocktail drink recipe is an easy Halloween cocktail to make for your Halloween party or festivities.
A spooky cocktail is sure to conjure up your taste buds this Halloween. This adult cocktail features a sweet and sour sugared rim, white rum, Coca Cola® and lime served on the spooky rocks
Can you believe that Halloween is right around the corner? I myself have always loved this time of year. I remember dressing up as a vampire and witch year after year as a child.
These days, I still enjoy the Halloween season and love to decorate and make spooky drinks and treats for not only my kids, but my myself.
That is where this Magic Potion Rum & Coke Cocktail comes into play. Jared and I love to enjoy an occasional drink together on the weekends. While we are not mixologists, we know a thing or two about what works well with rum.
Rum is one of my favorite alcoholic beverages because it pairs so well with soda like Coca-Cola®.
I grew up with always having Coca Cola® in the fridge. My dad loved an iced-cold Coca-Cola® and enjoyed a can with his nightly dinner.
These days, I stock up on Coca Cola® at stores like Sam’s Club. I especially love the 30-pack of mini cans they sell. These smaller sized, 7.5 ounce cans are perfect for those of us who might not be able to finish a standard-sized can.
Shopping at Sam’s Club is convenient with Club Pickup, where I can order online and they will have everything ready for pickup. You can also use Scan & Go, where you scan items as you shop, pay from your phone (via the app) and skip the line!
Mini Coca-Cola® 7.5-ounce cans are also a *MUST* to have on-hand for your Halloween Cocktail needs. They are the ideal size to keep on ice for your parties too!
INGREDIENTS FOR A MAGIC POTION RUM & COKE HALLOWEEN COCKTAIL (recipe for 21+)
- 6 oz Coca Cola
- 2 oz white rum
- 1 tbsp Purple Sanding Sugar
- 2 lime wedges
- 5 ice cubes
- 4 drops neon purple food coloring (*Optional )
To make the most out of your Halloween Entertaining, here are some tips to make your party or gathering super spooky.
Halloween Entertaining Tips
- Adding Halloween candies to seasonal ice cubes trays can make for super fun drinks. You can also dye your water green or purple before freezing for an added pop of color.
- Buy your beverages in bulk from Sam’s Club to ensure you do not run out of chilled drinks like Coca Cola®. The 30-pack, 7.5-ounce Mini Cans are perfect for mixing cocktails.
- A Halloween Bowl filled with ice will keep your Coca-Cola® products the perfect temperature. Add some little spiders or pretend Halloween skulls/bones to the dish to up the fright factor.
- Purchase bakery cupcakes from Sam’s Club Bakery & add your own Halloween effects to them.
- Adding food dye to your alcohol before you mix your drinks can added fun effects without altering the taste.
- Items like chips, cookies, and salty snacks make great party snacks and can be made festive with the right bowl or paperware products.
- Consider making a Halloween music mix of your favorite tunes to play during your party to create “spooky white noise”.
- To keep drinks separated consider picking up some drink tags (as featured) so everyone knows which spooky cocktail is their own.
- Not in the mood to cook? Cater your Halloween party with Sam’s Club deli favorites like subs, chicken wings, and salads.
Magic Potion Rum & Coke Cocktail Ingredients
Rub lemon around the rim of your cocktail glass to get it wet and sour.
Dip cup into a shallow bowl filled with purple sanding sugar.
Carefully rotate rim to sugarcoat it.
Add rum to a cocktail shaker with food dye to color it purple.
Pour rum into the glass.
Add ice and then Coca-Cola®.
Add a lime wedge & spooky ice cubes.
Serve with a drink stirrer, or adorn with a spider for fun (not edible).
Magic Potion Rum & Coke Halloween Cocktail Recipe
cocktail features a sweet and sour sugared rim, white rum, Coca-Cola® and lime
served on the spooky rocks. Recipe for 21+
- 6 oz Coca-Cola®
- 2 oz white rum
- 1 tbsp purple sanding sugar
- 2 lime wedges
- 5 ice cubes
- 4 drops purple food coloring *optional*
- Rub lemon around the rim of your cocktail glass to get it wet and sour.
- Dip cup into a shallow bowl filled with purple sanding sugar.
- Carefully rotate rim to sugarcoat it.
- Add rum to a cocktail shaker with food dye to color it purple.
- Pour rum into the glass.
- Add ice and then Coca-Cola®.
- Add a lime wedge & spooky ice cubes (*see notes below )
- Serve with a drink stirrer, or adorn with a spider for fun (not edible).