There are few things as simple and delicious as a homemade biscuits. And these unbelievable 2-Ingredient Cream Biscuits are about as easy as it gets! With just a couple of ingredients and no fancy equipment required, you can have fresh, hot biscuits on the table in no time.
I never ever would have thought that cream biscuits could be made with just TWO ingredients, but I was wrong! These homemade cream biscuits are so easy to make and so delicious, you’ll never want to buy store-bought again. When I first tried one, I immediately thought they tasted even better than a popular chicken chain’s version.
Tips for Making the Best Biscuits
1. Make sure all ingredients are measured out exactly as called for. Too much flour will create dense biscuits and too much cream will cause sticky biscuit dough.
2. Use a light hand when mixing the dough. Over-mixing can result in tough biscuits.
3. Be careful not to over-work the dough when rolling it out or shaping it. Again, this can lead to tough biscuits that will NOT rise-been there, done that!
4. Use a biscuit cutter that is well-floured to prevent sticking and ensure clean cuts through the dough. Do not twist the biscuit cutter which is prevent them from rising. Simply insert and remove quickly.
5. Place biscuits on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat mat to prevent sticking and ensure even baking.
6. Bake biscuits until they are golden brown. Allow them to cool before adding toppings or melted butter.
This recipe really is just two whole ingredients. You will need:
Self-Rising Flour – I used a fresh bag to make these. Ensure your flour is always fresh before making biscuits. You can also make your own self-rising flour by using the recipe below.
Heavy Whipping Cream – Use chilled whipping cream only. You cannot substitute with any other liquids for this recipe.
How to Make Self-Rising Flour
To use, add the desired amount of self-rising flour to your recipe. Remember that each time you use self-rising flour, the leavening power diminishes slightly. For best results, use self-rising flour within 2 weeks of opening the container.
How to Make Cream Biscuits
To make these cream biscuits, simply combine self-rising flour and heavy cream in a bowl and mix until well combined. Then, use a spoon or your hands to form the dough into a ball.
Next, turn out the dough onto a floured surface and use a rolling pin to roll it out to about ½-inch thickness. Use a biscuit cutter to cut out rounds from the dough, then place the biscuits on a baking sheet and bake at 500 F. degrees until golden brown (about 10-12 minutes).
Serve the biscuits warm, with butter and honey if desired. Enjoy!
Storing 2-Ingredient Biscuits
These biscuits can be stored at room temperature for up to 24 hours. However, they will lose their optimal texture. To reheat add them to an air fryer or oven at 350 F. for 5-6 minutes to add some crisp back to the outer layer.
Freezing biscuits is a great way to have them on hand for a quick breakfast or snack. Plus, it’s easy to do!
Here’s how to freeze biscuits:
1. Make sure your biscuits are completely cooled before freezing.
2. Place the biscuits in a freezer-safe bag or container.
3. Label the bag or container with the date and type of biscuit.
4. Freeze for up to 3 months.
5. When you’re ready to eat, thaw the biscuits at room temperature or in the microwave. Then, reheat in the oven or microwave until warm. Enjoy!
More Easy Biscuit Recipes to Try
Unbelievable 2-Ingredient Cream Biscuits
- Oven adjusted to the center rack position
- nonstick baking sheet
- rolling pin
- measuring cup
- 2" biscuit cutter
- Large bowl
- wooden spoon
- 2 cups self-rising flour *extra for rolling out
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream chilled
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- To make these cream biscuits, simply combine self-rising flour and heavy cream in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Use a spoon or your hands to form the dough into a ball; do not overmix.
- Next, turn out the dough onto a floured surface and use a rolling pin to roll it out to about ½-inch thickness.
- Use a biscuit cutter to cut out rounds from the dough. Simply insert and remove the cutter. Do not twist which can stiffen the biscuits.
- Place biscuits on a baking sheet and bake at 500 F. degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden-brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes before enjoying warm!