Lemon Parmesan Herb Crusted Fresh Baked Cod Fish
Fish is one of my favorite foods to prepare, and cook for dinner for my family. I love going to the seafood market and choosing my fillets Did you know that truly fresh fish does not have an odor? If it does, I would kindly pass, and head to a new store!
Since we are still had a few “green” recipes to create I figured I ‘d really think outside of the box; I mean fresh herbs are green. Making this recipe gluten-free for my daughter was really easily, and only required a simple bread crumb swap. Rather than using Italian bread crumbs, I used Glutino brand bread crumbs. To be honest these made my Lemon Parmesan Herb Crusted Fresh Baked Cod Fish taste even better!!
- 2 lbs of fresh cod fish
- 1 lemon -halved for juice, and one half to be thinly sliced
- A few leaves of flat leaf parsley, and sprigs of thyme
- 2 Tablespoons of butter cubed
- 1/2 cup of Glutino Bread Crumbs
- Salt and Pepper to season
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Cut your cod fillets into good sized portions, line them on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Cube your butter, and thinly slice your lemon
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on each fish fillet
- Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese on each piece
- Place 2-3 cubes of butter on each piece of fish
- Squeeze a little lemon one each piece of fish. Adorn each fillet with a slice of lemon as well
- Top with fresh herbs of your choice
- Bake for 25-30 minutes-the fish will be white, and visibly flaky with a light golden brown topping
~Enjoy your Lemon Parmesan Herb Crusted Fresh Baked Cod Fish~