A crave-worthy dip that explodes with bold flavors: tangy ranch, spicy hot sauce, and savory bacon. Serve it hot & get ready to wow! Sponsored by Nabisco. 🏈 All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Can you believe the Big Game Day is almost here? 🎉Time flies when you’re having fun! Since you all know I love to make tasty bites, I am excited to share with you all my Spicy Ranch Bacon Chicken Dip. Paired with RITZ Crackers, Triscuits, and WHEAT THINS, this game day spread is sure to be a winner! 🥇
I purchased everything I needed for this scrumptious MVP dip at my local Walmart. WHEAT THINS Snack Crackers, Triscuit Crackers, and RITZ Toasted Chips Sour Cream and Onion Crackers were a no-brainer as dipping team players! These crackers are all perfectly flavored and complemented my spicy chicken dip perfectly. 😋😋 If you want to make this for your Big Game festivities check out everything you’ll need below.
Spicy Ranch Bacon Chicken Dip Ingredients
Chicken – I used canned chicken for this recipe. If you are unsure of canned chicken, I get it as I was too for far too long. However, it is actually really tasty in recipes like this chicken dip.
Seasoning – I used a packet of traditional ranch powder seasoning. It was enough to adquate flavor in addition to some extra garlic powder.
Cheese – For this recipe, I used cream cheese, and shredded cheddar with worked so well together. I also added a sprinkle of feta for an extra creamy zing.
Mayonnaise – Helps to make the creamy base texture and adds flavor.
Buffalo wing sauce – Adds a nice kick of spice to it and makes this dip extra tasty!
Bacon – Crispy bacon adds a nice flavor, and texture to the dip. I love the extra crispy bits on top of the baked dip.
Green onion – Every good dip needs a little color and added garnish. These scallions add a nice flavor and pop of color.
How to Make Bacon Chicken Dip
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×11-inch baking dish or this football-shaped pan.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer or wooden spoon, cream together the softened cream cheese, sour cream, seasoning, buffalo sauce, until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the cooked chicken, half of the crumbled bacon, feta, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Mix well to combine.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese over the top along with the bacon.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the dip is heated through.
- Garnish with chopped green onion, if using.
- Serve warm with crackers.
Recipe Tips for the Best Chicken Dip
Chicken – You can use leftover chicken instead of canned chicken if that is what you have on-hand. Leftover rotissiere, or grilled chicken work nicely.
Spice Level – If you do not prefer a spicy dip, you can skip the buffalo wing sauce.
Seasoning – Ranch dressing can be subbed in leui of mayonaisse and ranch seasoning.
Cheese – You can swap the cheddar for your favorite off the block shredded cheese.
Serving – This recipe produces a thick dip so crackers really worked out nicely. However, thick pita or chips will also work.
Ensure any leftovers are cooled, and added to an airtight container before placing them in the refridgerator. They will keep well for up to 3 days time. To heat, place them in a microwave-safe bowl or plate and heat throughout.
Hot Dips for Your Next Party
Spicy Ranch Bacon Chicken Dip
- 9 x 11 casserole dish
- cutting board & knife
- Oven adjusted to the center rack position
- 2 cups canned chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- ¾ cup feta
- ½ cup spicy wing sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning
- ½ cup mayonaisse
- 6 ounces crispy bacon
- 2 tablespoons green onion