An oversized homemade chocolate chip cookie is baked on a 12-inch pizza pan using store-bought cookie dough. This jumbo cookie pizza is then topped with white chocolate and additional candies. Serve it on pizza night for a quick dessert that is effortlessly easy. This post is sponsored by Papa Gino’s. All views expressed are that of our own.
There is nothing better than the joys of a pizza night. The feeling of not having to cook is enough to make anyone smile and feel a sense of relief. On days or nights when we take out from our local Papa Gino’s restaurant, I make time for an easy dessert or snack.
This Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza takes less than 15 minutes to bake, 5 minutes to decorate, and 10 minutes to set in the freezer. Using premade cookie dough makes this cookie fool-proof, and mess-free. The best part is you can also enjoy it as is with a scoop of vanilla ice cream making it even more hassle-free. *This cookie is not available at Papa Gino’s but they do have individually wrapped cookies and brownies for sale.
Before starting this recipe, you’ll want to verify that you have the following ingredients:
- Cookie dough – To make this recipe easy as “pie” you will need 1 1/2 tubes of 16.5 ounce cookie dough. Save the rest of the dough tightly-wrapped in the refridgerator for future cookies.
- Baking spray – The most important step in this easy cookie pizza recipe is greasing your 12-inch pizza pan. Use a non-stick spray sepcifically made for baking since it contains flour. This will help your cookie cut and lift off the pan easily once cooled.
- White chocolate chips – These were used as the “sauce” which was melted, and spread over the warm cookie. You can use milk or dark chocolate as well.
- Assorted chocolate candies – We used an abundance of our favorite candy bars on our pizza. We decided to stick with the chocolate flavors, but you could even add gummies.
Equipment and Supplies Needed
We used the following equipment and supplies to make this recipe. Items that are optional or can be substituted will be noted.
- 12-inch non-stick pizza pan – To bake the cookie pizza on.
- Chef’s knife – To cut any candy bars and the pizza once cooled.
- Non-stick baking spray – Made with a blend of oil & flour.
- Microwave-safe dish – Needed to safely melt the white chocolate in 30-second intervals (stirring between each).
- Spoon – To mix the chocolate morsels until creamy, and to spread the chocolate over the cookie pizza.
- Freezer – This helps the chocolate set so the candy pieces stay put on the cookie.
Adjust oven rack to the center position and preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease a 12-inch pizza pan with non-stick baking spray.
Open and slice cookie dough logs. You will be slicing them into 1/2″ thick slices. You will slice one full 16.5-ounce cookie log and half of ad additional cookie log. Store the remaining leftovers in the refrigerator to bake up within 24 hours. Arrange cookie slices on the pizza pan to cover most of the surface, and gently press the dough down to fill in the circle of the pan.
Arrange cookie slices on the pizza pan to cover most of the surface, and gently press the dough down to fill in the circle of the pan.
Bake for 10-12 minutes and allow cookie to cool for 5 minutes before adding the chocolate.
To melt chocolate, add chips into a microwave-safe bowl, and cook them in 30-second intervals stirring in-between each until creamy. Pour into the center of the cookie, and gently spread the chocolate leaving some “crust” to show.
Add you choice of assorted candies to the cookie pizza and place the pan into the freezer on an open area.
Freeze for 10 minutes to set the chocolate layer. Once set, slice and serve the pizza.
This recipe is easy to make if you know the right tips and tricks! Here are my tips for ensuring your Cookie Pizza Recipe comes out perfectly.
We used chocolate chip cookie dough, but you can follow these same recipe steps for premade candy cookie dough, sugar, or peanut butter cookie dough.
The beauty of this recipe is that it is so customizable. You can choose to use milk or dark chocolate chips and can even add them directly onto the hot out of the oven pizza (whole) and spread them with a rubber spatula. If you use white chocolate, it doesn’t melt as quick. That is why we melted it before hand to prevent any lumps.
You can also use flavored peanut butter, butterscotch, or even mint chips (available in most stores) as the “cheese” layer.
Adding candy to this pizza is optional. You can enjoy it sliced with a swizzle of chocolate or caramel syrup with some vanilla ice cream. Just be sure to always let the cookie cool before slicing so it comes out neatly and in one triangle-shaped piece.
If you want to store your Cookie Pizza, just follow these easy steps.
Add any leftovers that are cooled to an air-tight container and store at room temperature for up to 3 days for best taste.
You can also freeze your cookie pizza, but it will likely need to be in slices. I suggest wrapping each cooled slice in plastic wrap, and carefully adding it to an over-sized, freezer-safe storage container. When you want to enjoy it, simply thaw, or eat frozen if you want a cool treat!
Follow the recipe below to make Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza! This recipe makes 12 SERVINGS, but you can adjust the recipe card for other serving sizes.
Serve this delicious dessert pizza with some Papa Ginos’ Pizza! We love feta cheese and decided to order a Tomato, Onion, and Feta pizza –Boy, was it perfection!
Free Papa Gino’s Pizza Offer
The kids requested a Cheese Pizza which they love from Papa Gino’s! Consider signing up for Text alerts with Papa Gino’s for a FREE small pizza with a beverage purchase. Text PAPA to 40518 to sign up for this deal! Messaging and data rates may apply. See program rules for full details.
We love these texts because I can admit, I have not paid full-price for a pizza in months!! I always save at least 15%!!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza Recipe
- 12-inch pizza pan
- baking spray
- microwave-safe bowl
- chef's knife
- Cutting board
- 24 ounces refrigerated cookie dough cut into 1/2" thick slices
- 24 ounces white chocolate morsels melted
- ¼ cup candy coated pretzels
- ¼ cup caramel coated balls
- ¼ cup malt balls
- ¼ cup chocolate coated peanuts
- ¼ cup candy bars chopped
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- Adjust oven rack to the center position and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 12-inch pizza pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Open and slice cookie dough logs. You will be slicing them into 1/2" thick slices. You will slice one full 16.5 ounce cookie log, and half of ad additional cookie log. Store the remaining leftovers in the refrigerator to bake up within 24 hours. Arrange cookie slices on the pizza pan to cover most of the surface, and gently press dough down to fill in the circle of the pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and allow cookie to cool for 5 minutes before adding the chocolate.
- To melt chocolate, add chips into a microwave-safe bowl, and cook them in 30-second intervals stirring in-between each until creamy. Pour into the center of the cookie, and gently spread the chocolate leaving some "crust" to show.
- Add your choice of assorted candies to the cookie pizza and place the pan into the freezer on an open area. Freeze for 10 minutes to set the chocolate layer. Once set, slice and serve the pizza.
- Once pizza is set, slice and serve!