A crispy, cheesy, hearty casserole made with ground beef, beans, and cheese. This dish makes for a deliciously easy weeknight meal.
Corn chip pie casserole with ground beef is one of the best things you’ll ever put in your mouth! It’s so easy to make and will be a new family favorite. Your home will smell amazing while this is baking in the oven, too. You won’t be able to resist digging in when it’s done!
If you enjoy recipes like Mexican Street Corn Salad, Taco Stuffed Mini Peppers, and Melt in your Mouth Slow Cooker Taco Meat you will love this meal.
Have you ever been in a position where you have a small army to feed but only one pound of ground beef? If so, this recipe is perfect because the pinto beans help to stretch the ground beef and chances are no one will notice.
Corn Chip Pie Toppings
I love that this meal can be served as is or with the toppings below!
- sour cream
- nacho cheese
- black olives
How to Make Corn Chip Pie Casserole
- Brown the beef with onion, drain and add spices.
- Add the cooked beef to the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Top with beans, enchilada sauce, cheese, chips, and more cheese.
- Bake & enjoy warm with your favorite toppings.
Beans – I used pinto beans but you can also use black or kidney beans as long as you rinse them. Chili beans, and ranch beans can also be used.
Rice – If you want to beef up this casserole and make it extra filling, you can layer the bottom of the baking dish with 4 cups of white rice followed by the beef, beans, and enchilada sauce.
Sauce – I have made this casserole 3 different ways now. Salsa, taco sauce, and enchilada sauce all work, but I prefer the enchilada sauce.
Cheese – Shredding my Monterey Jack cheese in my food processor was a great choice. It allows the cheese to melt better since there are no binding agents in the cheese shreds. If you prefer a different cheese, cheddar, pepperjack, and Mexican blend all work well.
Meat – I used Butcherbox Lean Ground Beef. I got it for FREE with my monthly subscription. In fact, I get FREE ground beef for life with my box! You can also use ground turkey, or meat crumbles substitute.
Spices – If you do not have taco seasoning, you can use fajita seasoning as well. Below is my go-to recipe for homemade taco seasoning.
Homemade Taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
This casserole tastes best the same day it is made since the chips risk getting soggy. However, if you do have extras, you can store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More Ways to Use Ground Beef
- Baked Beef Chimichangas
- Taco Stuffed Mini Peppers
- Slow Cooker Taco Dip
- Classic Chili Recipe
- American Chop Suey
Corn Chip Pie Casserole with Ground Beef
- large skillet
- 13 x 9 sized casserole dish
- slotted spoon
- can opener
- Measuring cups & spoons
- Oven adjusted to the center rack position
- 1 pound ground beef lean variety works best
- 1 ounce taco seasoning
- 1 large onion *can also use two small ones, diced
- 30 ounces Pinto beans rinsed
- 20 ounces enchilada sauce
- 2½ cups Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 9.25 ounces corn chips like Fritos*
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9 casserole dish with nonstick spray; set aside.
- In a large skillet, add ground beef, and onions. Cook over medium heat until beef is browned. Drain any excess grease. Once grease is drained, add taco seasoning, stir, and set aside.
- Add beef to the casserole dish, and rinsed pinto beans. Carefully pour over the enchilada sauce. Top with ¾ of the shredded cheese, and then cover the cheese with chips. Add the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until cheese is melted. Allow casserole to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with green onions, sour cream, lettuce, guacamole, and black olives- enjoy!
My husband and I enjoyed this recipe. Tried similar recipe before,,,def not as good as this one!
Very easy to whip together, nice flavor,. Very easy to customize, if needed.
Will def make it again.