Easy Cheese Danish Recipe
A light and flaky pastry, filled with sweet cheese that can be made with crescent dough right at home.
Cheese is one of them foods that I would probably never been able to give up. It is just so versatile and delicious in meals and desserts. In fact, I probably fail on my diets more often than not because I just cannot part with cheese.
Fact: It is my favorite food ever.
Cream cheese is one of my fav subtle cheeses because it can easily be enjoyed in a sweet or savory dish.
Whenever I visit our local bakery I can never leave without a cream cheese danish.
The only issue with that is I hate waiting in line forever (and a day), so I decided I would make them at home-or at least try too!
These Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Danish are made easy thanks to my new fav baking must:
Why did I never experiment with this genius little tube of goodness years ago? Seriously, for the record: I am the WORST from-scratch dough maker ever so crescent roll dough is for people like me who are no fuss, and love convenience.
Since this was my first time experimenting with my cream cheese filling (almost like a cheesecake batter sans the eggs)
I was a little in a rush and my cheese was not room temperature. If you have little patience like me, it is not a requirement, but your filling dollop will be slightly bumpy -but still taste GREAT!
Here is what you will need to make these Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Danish:
Makes 8 but recipe can be easily doubled to 16
- 1 tube of crescent dough rolls
- 4 ounce of room temp cream cheese *see note above
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of lemon juice *I squeezed the juice of one small wedge in
- 1 tablespoon of butter, and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar melted, and mixed
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of whole milk
-Whisk until thick and creamy
Preheat your oven to 350.
Lined one large baking sheet with parchment paper.
On a cutting board, unwrap your crescent dough tube and slice the dough into 8 equal discs.
Add each disk to your baking sheet, and gently form a well in the middle of each for the filling.
Brush each dough circle with the butter/sugar mixture.
Fill each with a healthy dollop of cream cheese and spread neatly using the back of a clean spoon.
Bake for 15 minutes at 350.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes, and then glaze them with the icing. If you are super hungry or impatient, do this step right away and enjoy!
These do not store well so eat them right away for the best taste.
Love crescent roll dough recipes? So do we! Check these out:
Pin these babies for later!
Cream Cheese Danish
- 8 ounces crescent rolls
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar melted
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Lined one large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a cutting board, unwrap your crescent dough tube and slice the dough into 8 equal discs.
- Add each disk to your baking sheet, and gently form a well in the middle of each for the filling.
- Brush each dough circle with the butter/sugar mixture.
- Fill each with a healthy dollop of cream cheese and spread neatly using the back of a clean spoon.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350.