A light and flaky danish pastry, filled with sweet cheese and drizzled with icing. This easy Cream Cheese Danish recipe is made with crescent roll dough right at home.
Cheese is one of them foods that I would probably never been able to give up. It is just so versatile and delicious in meals and desserts. In fact, I probably fail on my diets more often than not because I just cannot part with cheese.
Fact: Cheese is my favorite food ever!
Cream cheese is one of my favorite subtle cheeses because it can easily be enjoyed in a sweet or savory dish.
Whenever I visit our local bakery I can never leave without a cream cheese danish. The only issue with that is I hate waiting in line forever (and a day), so I decided I would make them at home!
These Cream Cheese Danish are made easy thanks to my new favorite baking ingredient… Crescent roll dough!
Why did I never experiment with this genius little tube of goodness years ago? Crescent roll dough is perfect for people like me who are no-fuss, and love convenience.
I’ve made so many delicious Crescent Roll Recipes since discovering it’s endless versatility!
Cream Cheese Filling
This cream cheese danish filling is similar to a cheesecake batter, but without the eggs.
To ensure a smooth and consistent filling, your cream cheese should be warmed to room temperature. This makes mixing the ingredients easier too.
If you can’t wait for your cream cheese to reach room temperature, it’s okay. Your filling will be slightly lumpy, but will still taste GREAT!
How to make Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Danish:
Makes 8 servings, but recipe can be easily doubled to 16…
- 1 tube of crescent dough rolls
- 4 ounce of room temp cream cheese *see note above
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of lemon juice *I squeezed the juice of one small wedge in
- 1 tablespoon of butter, and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar melted, and mixed
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of whole milk
Preheat your oven to 350 F.
Lined one large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add cream cheese, lemon, vanilla, and white sugar to a bowl, and whip until light and fluffy.
On a cutting board, unwrap your crescent dough tube and slice the dough into 8 equal discs.
Add each disk to your baking sheet, and gently form a well in the middle of each for the filling.
Brush each dough circle with the butter/sugar mixture.
Fill each with a healthy dollop of cream cheese and spread neatly using the back of a clean spoon.
Bake for 15 minutes at 350.
Combine the powdered sugar and milk. Whisk until thick and creamy.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes, and then glaze them with the icing. If you are super hungry or impatient, do this step right away and enjoy!
These do not store well so eat them right away for the best taste.
Want more crescent roll dough recipes? Check these out:
Pin these babies for later!
Cream Cheese Danish made with Crescent Rolls
- 8 ounces crescent rolls
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar melted
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Add cream cheese, lemon, vanilla, and white sugar to a bowl, and whip until light and fluffy.
- Lined one large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a cutting board, unwrap your crescent dough tube and slice the dough into 8 equal discs.
- Add each disk to your baking sheet, and gently form a well in the middle of each for the filling.
- Brush each dough circle with the butter/sugar mixture.
- Fill each with a healthy dollop of cream cheese and spread neatly using the back of a clean spoon.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350.